Author Topic: Miscellaneous tool mods  (Read 1896 times)

Offline bonneyman

Miscellaneous tool mods
« on: February 18, 2020, 02:52:49 PM »
I found several odds and ends over the past couple of weeks - figured I'd mod up a few with pieces I already had to make tools I might actually use. Good use of a 70 deg afternoon!

You guys might remember the HAZET carb tool I found some time ago. Was never gonna use it, so I turned it into a 2-in-1 stubby with some pieces I had.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:59:35 PM by bonneyman »

Offline bonneyman

Re: Miscellaneous tool mods
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 02:54:32 PM »
Had the GearWrench stubby ratcheting driver but no factory extensions. Modded a square to hex 1/4" bit and installed it. Now with a bit holder socket I can use any screwdriver bits I want or 1/4" drive sockets for that matter.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 02:56:14 PM »
Found a dog chewed hsky ratcheting bit driver today. Removed the drive mechanism and installed it into a Proto yellow handle  I had. paired it up with a trio of long drive bits - will be nice on smaller stuff.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 02:58:41 PM »
Found a pressure relief fitting for a garden hose. Cleaned it up and I use it to screw the ends of long garden hoses together to protect the end caps form getting squashed or otherwise damaged. I usually grab any GHT brass fitting to use for this purpose - have had too many perfectly good hoses messed up by the end caps getting damaged.