Author Topic: California's mass exodus vid  (Read 2442 times)

Offline jabberwoki

Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline highland512

Re: California's mass exodus vid
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 07:47:38 AM »
People and business do not like taxes......................shocking. This is what happens when your government policy makers and legislators are a bunch of dip shits who have no idea how business actually works.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 09:34:55 AM »
People and business do not like taxes......................shocking. This is what happens when your government policy makers and legislators are a bunch of dip shits who have no idea how business actually works.

Yeah, the only business they're good at is taking your money out of your pockets and putting it into theirs! :33:

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 09:42:06 AM »

Exactly.  I wish we could put all the progressives in the country in the Northeast and forget about them.   :bravo_2:
boop/bop/beep

Offline highland512

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 10:09:51 AM »

Exactly.  I wish we could put all the progressives in the country in the Northeast and forget about them.   :bravo_2:

I love it when I here the argument that the flyover states would never survive on their own because all of the tax base, technology, communications, and "culture" are in New York and California. Good luck with having any commerce to generate taxes or people with enough time to participate in the "culture" when all of your grain and meat production is now in a different country. L-A would be mighty thirsty after NV shuts the tap off, no more water for irrigation in valley either. People in the "culture" centers have no idea how vulnerable they are. The vast majority of them are a truckers strike away from empty grocery shelves after a few days and a week or so the chemicals used for processing their municipal water will also dry up.     

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 10:15:05 AM »
My-O-My Caliyfornia  :))
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 01:05:11 PM »
well at least some of them have it figured out.

i only foresee things getting worse and worse there.

i wonder what will happen when they have no energy, the lights go out and can't charge the electric cars.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 01:37:28 PM »

I love it when I here the argument that the flyover states would never survive on their own because all of the tax base, technology, communications, and "culture" are in New York and California. Good luck with having any commerce to generate taxes or people with enough time to participate in the "culture" when all of your grain and meat production is now in a different country. L-A would be mighty thirsty after NV shuts the tap off, no more water for irrigation in valley either. People in the "culture" centers have no idea how vulnerable they are. The vast majority of them are a truckers strike away from empty grocery shelves after a few days and a week or so the chemicals used for processing their municipal water will also dry up.     

Unfortunately we can't turn off the tap as Los Angeles bought all the water rights of the CA Eastern Sierra's back around the 1920's to 30's by hoodwinking the owners of those rights. They pump it all down to L.A. via aqueduct and pipeline in a project that was quite the engineering feat for it's time. I have a friend in Bishop CA that has a year round creek flowing through his backyard and he can't touch the water.

When we left in 2009 it was the best move we ever made and we sold our house and business in 2007 as we saw the writing on the wall.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »
unfortunately they're coming to Texas and bringing their dumb ass political beliefs with them. Trump only won Texas by 600,000 votes.  :38: :38: :38: