Author Topic: Channellock authorized distributor sign  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Davethorik

Re: Channellock authorized distributor sign
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 05:11:02 AM »
Signs are pricey these days. This will go much higher. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Ford-Sales-Service-Car-Dealership-Gas-Oil-2Side-48-Porcelain-Metal-Sign-/133665271859?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

My mom of all people got me into signs in my teens. She found a vintage porcelain safety sign that says something like "caution! Safety goggles required in this area" and gave it to me as a gag to hang on my bedroom door. Lol.

I like to collect signs but they are hard to find, and also expensive. Im picky, i like vintage authentic signs, not repops. But like anything else, even a blind squirrel gets an acorn every so often.

Last year i got a big Honda Power Equipment sign that just says "Engines" locally for cheap, it is 4 feet by 2. A couple years back I got 2 Goodyear signs, one is 4 ft by 1, double sided, about getting a Goodyear credit card. I forget what the other one says but it is 3' by 2' and in the original cardboard shipping box, never hung.

All 3 are just flat sheetmetal with the logo painted/screened on, no stampings or porcelain. All newer. I suspect they are all worth more than I paid, though.

I like this Channy sign. I don't think I have any tool signs, nice little addition. Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Offline muddy

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 07:57:56 PM »
Neat find. I would agree on your guess of 80s or 90s. Like Phil said channellock hammers and screwdrivers don't strike me as being before that time period

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 07:19:13 PM »
Love that Binford sign , do you have my address or do i need to pm you?
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 11:29:50 PM »
Neat find. I would agree on your guess of 80s or 90s. Like Phil said channellock hammers and screwdrivers don't strike me as being before that time period

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman
I have no clue about the screwdrivers, but they were offering ball peen hammers back in the Champion dearment days before they ever changed their name to channellock.
Always lookin' to learn