Author Topic: Tennessee executive order - National Guard to perform "involuntary commitment"  (Read 1552 times)

Offline bonneyman

Check out recently signed executive order out of Tennessee. Subsection 14 permits phone assessment and involuntary commitment (arrest and imprisonment) due to mental illness or serious emotional disturbance as determined over the phone. Very vague and a slippery slope to disaster.

So, if you don't take the vaccine - that could be cause for arrest and interment? Once the vaccines receive full "approval" I don't see how this doesn't come about. And I thought Tennessee was a relatively conservative state with a Republican governor. Wonder how many other states will jump on this fascism?

https://publications.tnsosfiles.com/pub/execorders/exec-orders-lee83.pdf
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 03:18:19 PM by bonneyman »

Offline slip knot

I didn't read it that way. It looks to me that they're simply removing some issues that may be holding up care. As far as i know, not taking the covid vaccine is not considered a mental health issue. Even tho some may claim it is.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
I didn't read it that way. It looks to me that they're simply removing some issues that may be holding up care. As far as i know, not taking the covid vaccine is not considered a mental health issue. Even tho some may claim it is.

Not yet.  Even though I'm in the midst of getting the full vaccination, I have no problem with anyone choosing not to get it.
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

This EO is to be ready for an influx of Covid patients so they don't get caught flatfooted. It relax rules to enable to have more workers available to treat and care for people. I don't see any evil intentions in this order.

Offline bonneyman

I'm afraid our Arizona governor Ducey will fold like a cheap suit and institute a similar order and then Tucson will go full-on Nazi. Our local politicians have proven they love Marxism and are pushing the envelope every week with new controls. If military troops get stationed on local streets it's over.