Author Topic: Gun safety  (Read 1338 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Gun safety
« on: November 17, 2021, 10:16:33 AM »
I'm putting this in politics as it might be too volatile for the regular forum.
If anybody is following the circus known as the Rittenhouse trial you have noticed some odd conduct by the prosecutor. Several days ago he managed to point Rittenhouse's AR-15 at the jury with his finger on the trigger. If I was in the jury box I would have bailed out or ducked while yelling at the idiot. Did the idiot verify visually himself the gun was unloaded before he violated the number one rule of gun safety to never point a firearm at somebody unless you are willing to shoot them? The finger on the trigger just compounded the stupidity.

<iframe width="705" height="397" src=" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Gun safety
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 10:29:03 AM »
Then we have the Alec Baldwin murder that George Clooney just had to weigh in on. In an interview on the subject of gun safety George stated that he visually inspects any firearm handed to him on the movie set to verify it is unloaded or loaded with dummy rounds. But then he contradicts himself by saying that when he is handed a six-gun he points it at the ground and pulls the trigger six times to verify that it is not loaded.

“Every single time I’m handed a gun on the set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it too, I show it to the crew,” Clooney said. “Every single take.” Then, “You hand it back to the armor when you’re done.” He said. Part of it is because of what happened to Brandon. Everyone does it. Everyone knows” that is the protocol to follow. “Maybe Alec did that — hopefully he did do that. But the problem is dummies are tricky because they look like real [rounds]. They got a little tiny hole in the back [from which] somebody’s [removed] the gunpowder.”

On-set prop guns have such a realistic look and because of this, Clooney double and triple checks to make sure the prop isn’t dangerous.
“I mean every time I get handed a six-gun,” or a gun that holds six cartridges, “you point it at the ground and you squeeze it six times,” Clooney said, noting “It’s just insane” not to.

The actor also laments the term “cold gun,” which was what the gun that shot was described on the set of Rust to denote it was safe for use. 
“I’ve never heard the term ‘cold gun,'” Clooney said of his years of movie-making. “I’ve never heard that term. Literally. They’re just talking about stuff I’ve never heard of. It’s just infuriating.”

https://deadline.com/2021/11/george-clooney-on-rust-incident-thinks-gun-safety-1234874907/

And these Hollywood and leftist morons preach to us like they are smarter than us ignorant bible carrying gun clinging deplorables.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 11:47:29 AM »
The anti gun crowd doesn't have a clue. and I agree the prosecutor swinging that gun on the jury was way over the top. He violated several rules of gun safety there.

Too many people now days have zero background in safe gun handling. The only firearms experience they have is gaming. I've got a young kid hangs around the shop and he gushed on and on about all the guns he had shot. So I put him on the pellet rifle. had to correct a lot of issues there. then we were feeding cows and I told him lets go shoot the .22 pistol. put all his safety gear on, then was demonstrating how a SA revolver works. I shot it a couple times and the kid disappeared. he was sitting in the truck!! it was too loud. he had earmuffs on!!. Another time my buddy came by the shop with his new suppressor. so me and him went out back and sent a few down range. the kid told us it must be defective because its not whisper quite... Thats what this newer generation knows about guns.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 04:19:29 PM »
This bodycam video from the Reno PD shows an important gun safety rule of don't point a gun at police officers. It will begin as 2 officers approach an apartment where there is a possible domestic violence and possible gunshot. One really interesting thing happens to officer #2 as his pistol jams and when he clears it the magazine falls out and he bends down to pick it up. The suspect survived. I thought I had it timestamped to begin at about 4:40 but that is about where the action starts.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 05:47:28 PM »
.........One really interesting thing happens to officer #2 as his pistol jams and when he clears it the magazine falls out and he bends down to pick it up

It's amazing what can happen when the adrenaline starts pumping and survival instincts kick in. That officer probably practiced that "tap and rack" procedure hundreds/thousands of times in training, but when the poo hit the fan, his fine motor skills still failed him when his thumb pushed the magazine release by mistake.