Author Topic: Precision Tweezers  (Read 2264 times)

Offline bonneyman

Precision Tweezers
« on: December 13, 2021, 08:16:49 AM »
While watching a gentleman repairing a pocket watch I caught the name on a pair of tweezers he was using. Figured they must be high quality - even under the microscope the tips are as sharp as ever. Found the company website, man they make alot of styles! Figured it would be good reference for anyone requiring precision tweezers.

They make other ultra-fine tools as well.

http://www.dumonttools.com/

Some suppliers of their products with great info:

https://www.dumonttweezers.com/Tweezer/TweezerType/1
https://www.ofrei.com/page257.html

Online oldnslo

Re: Precision Tweezers
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 09:15:19 AM »
I've picked up 2 tweezers for my recent re-entry into appreciating watches. After not wearing one for at least 15 years, I dusted off my 2 older watches and re-batteried them after a fellow bicycle (and watch collector) peaked my interest. I wont go into the details of my current "collection", but they now number more than 2  :)

Regardless, there are some very spendy tweezers and some "works very well" alternatives out there. The one caution I would advise this group is to get some plastic tweezers which are VERY affordable for battery replacement and internal watch protection. Its also a great addition to the toolbox for delicate electrical work.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 07:03:54 PM »
Thanks for sharing! I could have used a pair like some of  those a week ago trying to get corroded relay terminals out! I'll have to look through them and pick some out.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 08:23:53 PM »
I didn't look for prices, but - being they're Swiss made - I'm sure they ain't cheap! But those plastic (Delrin) tipped ones look kinda nice.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 07:04:08 PM »
I didn't look for prices, but - being they're Swiss made - I'm sure they ain't cheap! But those plastic (Delrin) tipped ones look kinda nice.
Wristwatch revival ?
That's the channel I watch, I mostly wear Casio digitals at work and Timex Quartz analogs for my casual or Christmas...ect watches.

Clearly I'm not an enthusiast considering I just stick to the proven reliable budget stuff, but I enjoy watching him work and I enjoy his enthusiasm .
Plus vintage watches are beautiful and an amazingly intricate delicate thing that are very intriguing.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 08:44:00 PM »
Wristwatch revival ?
That's the channel I watch, I mostly wear Casio digitals at work and Timex Quartz analogs for my casual or Christmas...ect watches.

Clearly I'm not an enthusiast considering I just stick to the proven reliable budget stuff, but I enjoy watching him work and I enjoy his enthusiasm .
Plus vintage watches are beautiful and an amazingly intricate delicate thing that are very intriguing.

:great:  The dude is so relaxing to watch. And he calls himself a novice - seems like he does freaking good work to me!