Author Topic: Arggggh,,,,Price increases  (Read 5731 times)

Offline fatfillup

Arggggh,,,,Price increases
« on: May 02, 2022, 01:15:16 PM »
Getting price increases from suppliers every week on something or multiple somethings.  Getting tired of having to update prices all the time and things have gotten stupid expensive.  Today, dual lance wands, up 15 % and one flavor of soap, up 14%.

Not to mention freight.  Afraid to figure out that percentage. 

Wonder when it will stop.

Actually, I think it will stop when we get into a recession which I think is pretty darn quick.

Also, the price tools are bringing at auctions is way up.  I need to up what I am willing to pay for tools or I go home empty.

Business is good though, which baffles me.

Offline bonneyman

Re: Arggggh,,,,Price increases
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 01:56:22 PM »
Yep, prices are going to the ISS!

Just ran into an A/C company owner. Haven't seen him in like 8 years. He recognized me. Said business is better than ever. He can't go on roofs (he has two trainees for that), and he only works 4 hours a day. But he says business is booming. Can't see how people can afford to pay the going rates ($100 an hour and up for labor, freon is $300 a pound) but I guess you need A/C.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 01:57:14 PM »
 Too much money chasing too few goods.
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 02:01:32 PM »
Sure glad I have the Henleys formulas book (and other DIY make your own stuff). I can buy basic products in bulk and mix it up as I need it. After my last detergent purchase from Cal-Bens (and seeing what the prices have gone to) I might have to get back into alchemy!  :))

Also been watching this New Zealander on YouTube (Marty T). Living off the grid - dang he comes up with all sorts of solutions!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 02:03:49 PM by bonneyman »

• Ran when parked
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 03:13:40 PM »
Imagine if 'Build Back Dumber' had passed!
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 04:30:50 PM »
Unfortunately i think this is just the beginning. The DC cabal has rigged the system at every level to ensure that their agendas get implemented in order to subjugate the American middle class. Republicans and Democrats are both hard at work to undermine our country.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 06:25:28 PM »
Sure glad I have the Henleys formulas book (and other DIY make your own stuff). I can buy basic products in bulk and mix it up as I need it. After my last detergent purchase from Cal-Bens (and seeing what the prices have gone to) I might have to get back into alchemy!  :))

Also been watching this New Zealander on YouTube (Marty T). Living off the grid - dang he comes up with all sorts of solutions!

:-\
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 09:13:46 PM »
Chemicals in my business have gone up as well. last year we were pay $850 a ton and this year its at $1400 a ton plus a $100 freight surcharge....And we had a contract at $850. They just laughed and said we could re-bid if we wanted but they would guarantee $2000/ ton would be low bid. My chemical budgets shot already with 4 months to go.  :41:

Offline walrus

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2022, 05:57:06 AM »
Over 6 dollar/gallon diesel here, 6 dollar/gallon heating oil here also.  62.50 for 4 by 8 sht of 1/2 CDX plywood, 39.00 bucks for 7/16 OSB. 9 bucks ofr 2by 4 by 8 stud.  Windows out 4 months from Marvin.  Wire prices thru the roof. Can't get breakers, doesn't matter who makes them, they aren't available. Meter trims, 4 months out.  Interest rates up which will finally kill the housing boom. I could go on forever.

To top it all off we have a crazy POS with his finger near the red button.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 12:09:53 PM »
April 2020 I got gas for $1.419

Today I paid $4.299
boop/bop/beep

Offline muddy

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2022, 06:54:10 PM »
$4.95 for regular around here.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

• Ran when parked
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2022, 08:16:50 PM »
OJ I buy at Walmart went from $2.14 to $2.76 just like that. 

29% increase.

Thanks, Uncle Joe!
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 07:01:12 AM »
OJ I buy at Walmart went from $2.14 to $2.76 just like that. 

29% increase.

Thanks, Uncle Joe!

Prices will continue to rise well into next year regardless of who wins the November elections. Independent trucking companies can't stay afloat at these inflationary fuel prices and many are closing down. Others will pass the increased costs on to the consumer (rightly so)  -- a catch 22 until Brandon and his Green New Deal cabal are sent packing.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2022, 08:43:25 AM »
And with more and more trucking shutting down, the shortages will continue to worsen and spread. Expect shortages of food, fuel, parts, supplies. These will then affect manufacturing facilities and such - we're being told to expect rolling blackouts now that the heat has hit.

Prices in the produce section have gotten so bad I've started a garden. In Arizona that is no small task! And I've been buying extra and storing anything and everything I can get that I think I might need. Already I can't find certain things in the stores. hardware has gotten ridiculous. I've always stripped down appliances before tossing them so as not to waste nuts and screws. Now I'm stripping everything before it hits the dumpster. If I can use it it gets stored. If not, then it goes to the scrap yard. Reducing what I throw out to the minimum.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2022, 09:19:03 AM »
Hadn't heard about trucking companies shutting down and I deal with a lot of them, though not common carriers.  Getting new trucks, now that is a different story.

And used ones are stupid expensive.

About a month ago, I read an article (may have been linked here) that IIRC, by mid July, gas would be $6.25 a gal.  It was likely still under $4 so I dismissed it.  Well, I am thinking they may be right. 

I wouldn't want to be a young family right now and anybody who's budget was tight before has got to be hurting now and it will get worse.

Look for the middle class to shrink and the lowest earners to be in trouble.

I am seeing things slowing up a bit.

BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we have gone through recessions before and always recover, think we will recover again.