Author Topic: Do they think anything through?  (Read 1829 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
Do they think anything through?
« on: June 30, 2022, 01:08:37 PM »
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/the-tire-extinguishers-arrived-in-the-us-they-re-after-gas-guzzler-suvs-192460.html

Good way to get hurt in my area. Trying to tell people how to run their life and then essentially vandalizing property. No wonder they want to take the weapons. That is a good way to get shot.
Rich

Offline fatfillup

Re: Do they think anything through?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 03:06:13 PM »
No they don't think anything through and I agree it is a good way to get shot. 

I will give them credit for doing something they believe in and taking action.  They should stick to leaving pamphlets on SUVs and getting their word out on social media and such.  Much safer and legal. 

Bet they won't be doing it in more rural settings where folks will protect their property by any means necessary.

I am glad they are just deflating tires and not stabbing them

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 04:12:29 PM »
I got my tire(s) slashed in a grocery parking lot before. Police substation right across the street. Too busy to respond to such a low priority call. Yet if I shot the little jerk they'd be over in 60 seconds and arrest me as a lunatic.

When the dam breaks it should be different. That or when the 100 pound hailstones fall.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 06:09:05 PM »
Happens more and more in the formerly "safe" burbs as well. I'm always torn between scorn and a slight inkling of satisfaction in that many of the very progressive liberal soccer moms in my former DC area neighborhood are getting their giant SUV's damaged and vandalized by the environmental crazies. It doesn't matter how many Hillary, Obama, and/or Biden stickers they have on their gas guzzlers, they are now targets of the very people and agenda's that they supported in the last four elections.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 11:25:24 PM »
What gets me are the virtue signalers that have Black Lives Matter, Stacey Abrams, Raphael Warnock, and We believe in Science signs on their lawns.  No one in my small subdivision has any of those stupid signs, but there are some neighborhoods full of them.

If I saw anyone f/king around by my car, I'd prefer to give them a good ol' beatdown on the house!
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 09:48:02 PM »
I agree with the beat down, severely beat down.

Kinda hard to justify lethal force in a vandalism case. Thats a good way for you to visit the iron bar hotel.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 08:37:14 AM »
I need a bean bag gun or taser :))

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 10:12:29 AM »

I will give them credit for doing something they believe in and taking action.  They should stick to leaving pamphlets on SUVs and getting their word out on social media and such.  Much safer and legal. 

Bet they won't be doing it in more rural settings where folks will protect their property by any means necessary.

I cannot give them credit.
They aren't exactly doing anything brave when they know the media will celebrate anything even remotely woke / liberal, they will be praised and anyone who doesn't support their BS will be labeled as evil or something.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2022, 03:55:31 PM »

I cannot give them credit.
They aren't exactly doing anything brave when they know the media will celebrate anything even remotely woke / liberal, they will be praised and anyone who doesn't support their BS will be labeled as evil or something.

the credit is for actually getting off their butts and doing something for a cause they believe in.  TOO many people complain and do nothing else.  Yes the media is on their side, but the left has been courting the media for decades.  The right needs to do a better job of getting their word out and courting the media, working social media, making allies with the press. getting their own press.  Individuals need to do more to promote their causes.

Offline highland512

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2022, 03:15:53 PM »

Get a 12ga and a backhoe, much more affective.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2022, 09:06:14 AM »

Hope I never have to make that decision.   But I don't mind people thinking I could :))

Offline muddy

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2022, 02:16:33 PM »

Hope I never have to make that decision.   But I don't mind people thinking I could :))
That's the thing about carrying. You have to be damn sure and willing to use it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2022, 07:43:01 AM »

That's the thing about carrying. You have to be damn sure and willing to use it.

My fear would be using it in anger when not called for

Offline muddy

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2022, 08:29:27 PM »

My fear would be using it in anger when not called for
Yep restraint is a must as well.