Author Topic: Getting some push back.  (Read 996 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
Getting some push back.
« on: April 06, 2023, 02:05:12 PM »
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2023/04/06/tennessee-expulsion-amid-protests-house-gop-expel-lawmakers/70085057007/

I am glad to see that there are lawmakers who share my second amendment views and don't get caught up in the retiric of weapons of war and bad black weapons.
I understand there are people dying and I am sad for that. Here in Texas I don't know of any schools who haven't instituted a locked down daily as a course of regular business. You must present Identification to get in everywhere I have delivered or went to as a parent.
Looking like there is getting to be some push back for unconstitutional type laws these libs seem to be introducing.
Rich

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: Getting some push back.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 11:36:58 PM »
The ones pushing hardest know gun laws won't solve anything, they want confiscation.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 08:24:47 AM »
The expulsion option is a bit surprising to me.  Don't know that I had heard of it before in any state.  Hopefully this will send a message that our law making institutions need to be respected and rules followed by all people.  If their behavior was tolerated, every time someone disagreed with a direction a legislative body was going, chaos would ensue and nothing would get done.

Sadly, I have little hope for this country the way politics have devolved into a us vs them mentality.  I can see a civil war of some sorts in our future.

I don't see this as push back against gun control, though that is the issue at hand, I see it as push back against disrespect and disregard of the legislative process

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 06:42:36 PM »
Voters should be the ones enforcing the expulsion but sadly our political system has become a disgrace to our country. Both parties should be disbanded and 90% of the politicians jailed for treason.

Gee I really sound like a disgruntled citizen. :lol_hitting:

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 10:20:32 PM »
Voters should be the ones enforcing the expulsion but sadly our political system has become a disgrace to our country. Both parties should be disbanded and 90% of the politicians jailed for treason.

Gee I really sound like a disgruntled citizen. :lol_hitting:

And if that happened you would be gruntled.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 07:44:20 AM »
I wonder if the expulsion is going to stick.

I imagine lawsuits will follow and perhaps the expulsion clause declared unconstitutional. 

As to government. some folks get the best government they can buy and the rest of us get screwed

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 12:27:34 PM »
Rich

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 03:05:52 PM »
You had to know it wasn't cut and dry, and that is likely a good thing.  Either side if they had a super majority could vote out any legislator they deemed unfit and broke a rule, or perhaps vote out all the opposition. That is the reason we have the electoral college system for POTUS.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 01:32:48 AM »
https://us.cnn.com/2023/04/10/us/tennessee-democrat-house-representatives-expelled-monday/index.html

Seems all it takes to get things done is have a protest
If it's Democrats, it's a protest.  If it's Republicans, it's an insurrection.
boop/bop/beep