Author Topic: Coworkers....  (Read 1464 times)

Offline muddy

Re: Coworkers....
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2023, 07:37:11 PM »
Well,I hate to pile on but.....operating heavy equipment in today's era is just as bad.We cant anyone that wants to work or feels they need to work!The local union hall cant seem to get anyone to apply for the apprenticeship.The Hall is more or less just sell cards to people.
 I'm now "one" of the old operators,so the ask me to finish grade and to get things done quicker than "Timmy" who is on his cell phone all day :lol_hitting:........I can't wait to retire from this !!!!

TR

Why is it always "Timmy"?!! So many people giving my name a bad rep!  :))

Offline TR

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2023, 07:56:17 PM »
I should have used "Dick"......because we have a lot of them where I work :D

TR

Online fatfillup

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2023, 07:16:00 AM »

Why is it always "Timmy"?!! So many people giving my name a bad rep!  :))

I have a sister named Karen.  While she isn't a full fledged Karen, she can exhibit some of those qualities

Offline john k

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2023, 07:58:39 AM »
Misdiagnosis syndrome.   They brought me a Dodge 4x4 pickup to checkover for the lot.  Tail light broken, bad door handle, etc.  Up on the lift I am going over it, front to back.  1st major thing is, the front driveshaft is missing.  Yokes are ok,  thought the owner took it out for gas mileage, so I hunt down the salesman,  to see if the previous owner is going to bring it in.   He had no idea what I am talking about.  Manager that evaluated it evidently didnt try the 4x4.   With good reason, the 4x4 stick on the floor wont move.  Looking over the shifter I found the driveshaft when it came loose,  pounded the bottom of the shifter rather hard.   So, the shifter bracket is 4 months out on backorder.  I disassemble it, and do the blacksmith thing in the vise to make it work again.  Just about done with that and a super rush job comes in, and tag it, park it out back.   Will get to it when the driveshaft comes in.   Right?   3 days later see it roll into another mechanics stall.   What cha doing I ask?   Needs a clutch.   Another manager tried to test drive it,  found it wouldnt go over 35 mph.   Since the 4x4 shifter is unhooked he didnt realize the transfer case is stuck in the low side.   He diagnosed it as a slipping clutch,  he who needs help running his lawn mower.   He ignored the repair note on the steering wheel.  The service writer ignored the already open repair order.   I wrangle it away from the other mechanic,  telll his service writer that my opinion of him just hit a new low, whem he yelled at me for stealing his job..  aw, I dont miss my job.   It is great being retired. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 08:05:45 AM by john k »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2023, 04:39:16 PM »
Misdiagnosis syndrome......

Oh, geez, they have a name for that? This is rampant in the HVAC industry! So few techs know how to accurately troubleshoot these days, especially with ll the digital crap they come out with year after year. I couldn't even keep up with it. Techs had basically become "parts changers". Not knowing what was wrong, they'd swap out parts one by one hoping to eventually stumble on the problem. (My first year or two I had lots of misdiagnosis', too - was just part of the learning process back in the late 80's). Now they just say the unit ain't worth fixing, just buy a new unit. The Mrs. is telling me the new accountants coming out of schools don't know basics, either.

Man o man are we in trouble!