Author Topic: Stupid question from UB  (Read 397 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Stupid question from UB
« on: October 19, 2023, 07:41:34 PM »
Since I have returned to being more active on the site, virtually every time I am on the site and post it is from my phone.
I keep getting a prompt asking if I want tapatalk. I recall reading others comment about that. My question is how would that make accessing the site different than it is without that? Are there reasons to believe it would make posting easier or better for me? Should I get tapatalk?

I figure it is probably a dumb question,  but I just know nothing about that.

So school me here fellas.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Stupid question from UB
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 08:31:54 PM »
The reason for TapaTalk is that on my phone, the regular GG webpage loads as a very small image. To read posts and navigate I have to constantly magnify the pages in order to read content.

TapaTalk takes the GG Website and converts the contents into a very readable format that I can easily navigate without constantly magnifying and scrolling through the various posts. Also uploading images and documents is easily accompished with the TapaTalk app.

That said, it's not perfect. Sometimes TapaTalk won't let me upload pics and it's very frustrating. However, once a problem is reported to TapaTalk tech support, they are very responsive. The last time this uploading problem happened, they fixed my problem within a few hours and e-mailed me back to check up if they had indeed fixed my issues.

I prefer TapaTalk on my I-Phone because my eyes are not what they used to be -- and it makes it a lot more convenient to browse and post on the GG.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 08:46:04 PM »
What Goodfellow said, ease of use. I also like it because I can put captions amoungst the photos rather than list the captions and have the photos at the end. It also allows you to have more than four photos per post. I know I could do this by hosting them on a third party site but it just saves a step. I do however pay a small fee for the pro version.

Tapatalk post
What a difference a day makes.

This time yesterday from office lunch room.

This is morning on the way to Rotorua.

Lake Rotoiti. The guy on the right was cleaning two trout he had caught nymphing in the inlet channel from Lake Rotorua.

What I was actually doing working on a Saturday morning, cement stabilizing at the roundabout we are building.

Cement spreading

Hoe/stabiliser

Nuclear densometer (nuke) to determine compaction.

The process. Middle left - spread the cement. Left -  hoe the cement into the aggregate. Middle right - compact with sheepsfoot roller initially. Right - finish compaction with smooth drum rollers, first high amplitude vibration then low amplitude vibration. The nuke is being used for a plateau test to determine rolling sequence to get maximum density.

Native Forum Post
Photo 1 - Rolled it in the short course at the National Finals
Photo 2 - Snapped the spindly king pin. I think the were designed to go down a smooth autobahn not over jumps and rough paddocks
Photo 3 - The fix install King Kong spindles (left) and do a disc brake conversion at the same time. Standard VW on the right
Edit: with the photos below.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 08:49:43 PM by Rural53 »

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 09:54:50 PM »
I downloaded TT once and didn't like it.  I just use the regular web browser.  Works fine for me.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 06:18:53 AM »
Thanks guys, I loaded it and tried it. I don't think it's for me. I uninstalled it.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!