Author Topic: When COVID hits home..  (Read 202 times)

Offline oldcarguy

When COVID hits home..
« on: January 15, 2024, 07:49:36 PM »
Of all my family, friends, neighbors, including my wife have come down with COVID since it hit our country. . I had five shots and avoided coming down until last Friday, and it hit me with both barrels. Within hours of the symptoms I tested positive. My oldest daughter suggested that I take the miracle drug Paxlovid. Three pills twice a day for five days. After reading the warning labels about the drugs side effects.. Fever,  sore throat, dizziness, runs, feeling exhausted I though what the heck am I taking this for. COVID gives you the same symptoms with five day recovery without any medications. And six days with Paxlovid... I can only wonder I needed an extra day to recuperate from the drug.. And nothing to say about living with the terrible metallic taste. I'm all better except becoming weak after exerting myself... And tested negative three days ago..   
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 07:51:23 PM by oldcarguy »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: When COVID hits home..
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 08:02:13 PM »
Good luck OCG -- you probably did the right thing. I think the leaks about the origins of COVID and the ineffectiveness of the so-called vaccines are starting to slowly reach the masses. It's a very nasty bug, but there doesn't seem to be a  consensus that the "Miracle Drugs" have any positive effect on our overall health.

Sweden is the control group -- no lockdowns, no mandatory shots, no government mandated anything, only the concept of "herd immunity". Bottom line is that the country as a whole fared better than the rest of the world --

Offline mrbill

Re: When COVID hits home..
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 12:51:05 PM »
I offer this as a PSA.  Regardless of where you fall on COVID, please take it seriously.  My wife died three years ago at the beginning of the pandemic before we knew it as COVID.  It's horrible to watch someone on a ventilator and a terrible way to die. 

Bill