Author Topic: Troops are heading to the border!  (Read 17723 times)

Offline bonneyman

Troops are heading to the border!
« on: October 30, 2018, 04:43:45 PM »
5200 at last count, and armed. And the lame stream media is losing it!

The international border is only about 70 miles from me, so, I've got contigency plans in place. I believed that the caravan was timed to hit the border in time to impact the elections, but being they were over 1000 miles away it would be months before they arrived at walking speed. Well, just saw video where they're loading migrants onto buses to head North. So this thing is gonna happen sooner than later.

How about you guys who are within spitting distance of the border? Got your grab-and-go bag ready?

Offline slip knot

Re: Troops are heading to the border!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 05:24:35 PM »
I aint going nowhere. This is my country and We gonna stay right here. Those troopers may need some help. ;D

I did clear some fire lanes out front.err... I mean I trimmed some of the bushes between the house and the road.   >:D

I fear that those invaders may be in for an ugly ride if they get violent at our border. And for some odd reason I do think they will get stupid once they get close. The Dems cant have this ending nice and sweetly. they need the violence to show how bad Trump is.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 09:53:24 PM »
I/m hearing the word invaders thrown around not illegal aliens ,,,for this bunch ...... seems fitting :-)

I also read there could be a smack down for the anchor baby bit, another thumbs UP for the Commander and chief ....

Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 10:01:56 AM »
The narrative has evolved from refugees fleeing violence to wanting to make money to send back home to now there are some migrants who are armed with guns and molotov cocktails. Sounds like an invasion force to me.

Also there are residents along the Arizona/Mexico border who are advertising they DON'T want any militias on their property. Seems like they'd like to avoid any violence - I think that's going to focus the violence to their area!

Offline highland512

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 07:29:10 AM »
Yes troops are heading to the border but I bet the rules of engagement involve handing out water and tacos and securing detention centers but say nothing about stopping an invasion.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 09:49:18 AM »
Someone posted a video of a train loaded with a bunch of tanks and other support vehicles heading south toward the border. Couldn't quite make out the skyline but it sure looked like south of Tucson.

Sure they might not have orders to shoot but why ship 100 tanks there - just for show? Hmm.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:07:49 AM by bonneyman »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 10:20:47 AM »
I fail to see how using the military to secure our border by any means necessary is a violation of the Posse Comitatus Act. They are not being used to protect a state's rights but securing our border against a foreign hostile invasion. Lock down the border.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 10:30:46 AM »
I fail to see how using the military to secure our border by any means necessary is a violation of the Posse Comitatus Act. They are not being used to protect a state's rights but securing our border against a foreign hostile invasion. Lock down the border.

My feeling is - just a guess - that closing down the border would impact commerce too much. We get alot of produce and other goods entering along the border. It would be nearly impossible to let that volume of shipping through but keep people out.

Offline highland512

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 12:49:46 PM »

My feeling is - just a guess - that closing down the border would impact commerce too much. We get alot of produce and other goods entering along the border. It would be nearly impossible to let that volume of shipping through but keep people out.

Lots of dope mixed into with those other goods as well. I have seen first hand the lines of trucks waiting to be inspected to enter the states. There is no way they can inspect them all. Another dirty secret about the US/Mex border is there is just as much illegal crap running south as there is north, mainly guns and ammo, iphones, and tvs.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 07:17:47 AM »
iphones, and tvs.

iphones and tv's are illegal? :))  Not to be a smart arse but they don't blip on my radar

Offline highland512

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 07:56:48 AM »
No, iphones and tv's are not illegal, but truck loads of stolen black market iphones and tvs are illegal. I was talking to our point of contact with the border patrol for our project, he stated the mex government was more concerned about finding consumer goods contraband than anything else. If they allowed the high ticket items to hit the street they wouldn't get the 16% VAT tax income and the cartel where paying them to turn a blind eye to the guns and ammo.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 08:48:39 AM »
Gotcha, makes perfect sense. ;D

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 09:33:42 AM »
Just heard Trump say if the soldiers get rocks thrown at them then our guys can shoot back? Came in at the tail end of the story, so I may have missed the context.
That would be a big reversal of policy, because there's a BP agent who's on trial for this very thing. A kid threw rocks at him at the border and he shot through the fence at the kid and killed him. Now the kids parents are suing.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2018, 12:37:02 PM »
I sure hope the result of this is real immigration reform. 

One problem I see with the current laws are the temporary worker visas are limited.  I know the crab houses on Maryland's eastern shore are starving for workers as they didn't get the amount of temp visas needed.  And some of those workers had been coming for years and posed no problems.  They did work no one else would, picking crabs.  I would bet the problem is the same in farm country also. 

Also, we seem to have a problem tracking the folks we let in.  That needs to be dealt with.

Time frame for applications needs to be faster.  Not saying folks shouldn't be thoroughly vetted, but they shouldn't have to wait 2 years to hear a yes or no. 

Definitely think .gov benefits for immigrants need to be limited. 

don't really like that a baby born here is automatically a citizen.  Certainly needs to be cared for though at least for a while.

What do you guys think needs to change?

Oh, I have no problem with a wall, we need to control who and what comes in.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2018, 02:58:48 PM »
I sure hope the result of this is real immigration reform. 

One problem I see with the current laws are the temporary worker visas are limited.  I know the crab houses on Maryland's eastern shore are starving for workers as they didn't get the amount of temp visas needed.  And some of those workers had been coming for years and posed no problems.  They did work no one else would, picking crabs.  I would bet the problem is the same in farm country also. 

Also, we seem to have a problem tracking the folks we let in.  That needs to be dealt with.

Time frame for applications needs to be faster.  Not saying folks shouldn't be thoroughly vetted, but they shouldn't have to wait 2 years to hear a yes or no. 

Definitely think .gov benefits for immigrants need to be limited. 

don't really like that a baby born here is automatically a citizen.  Certainly needs to be cared for though at least for a while.

What do you guys think needs to change?

Oh, I have no problem with a wall, we need to control who and what comes in.

Alot of good points, Phil. I've got some opinions, but as I don't want to alienate people I'll hold off until others make their comments known.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 03:47:04 PM by bonneyman »