Author Topic: Stan Lee  (Read 2047 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Stan Lee
« on: November 13, 2018, 03:38:44 AM »
RIP Stan Lee. Born Stanley Martin Lieber in 1922.

He started at Timely Comics that later became Marvel and worked his way up from filling ink pots and erasing pencil lines. He created Spiderman among other characters and in my mind was Marvel although the reality is he was just part (an important part) of the organization.

He lost his wife last year they were married over 60 years.

For a while Marvel was about a mile or so from where I live but I never saw him.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Stan Lee
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 06:36:39 AM »
I was a big fan as a boy in the early 60's. Never a DC Comics reader, but I bought Marvel. Too bad Disney ruined the Marvel name with its politically correct storylines and lame cookie cutter plots. These days comics have become way too political and ultra PC.

Offline mdlbldrmatt135

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 06:44:35 AM »
Saw the news just before I left work... Watched Deadpool in honor.  Followed that up by restarting Jessica Jones on Netflix.

I'm going to miss never knowing where his Cameo will have him appear in the movie.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 09:48:31 AM »
Nothing against him at all, great man and very creative, obviously, but as a comment in general, I'm tired of all these superhero movies.  Great if you're a twelve year old boy or a 35 year old adolescent, I suppose.  I'd love to see more big boy movies, but i don't see that changing.
boop/bop/beep