Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687783 times)

Offline Chuck Farley

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2610 on: September 16, 2022, 01:20:39 AM »
Went to a funeral.  :03: :c023: :(

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2611 on: September 16, 2022, 08:12:23 AM »
Love it! Glad Sam shows interest in helping dad and learn things along the way. You're doing a great job with that boy Tim. He'll remember these times well into advanced age, and will make a big difference in his life.

Offline john k

« Reply #2612 on: September 16, 2022, 09:11:08 PM »
Moving along on resurrecting my John Deere B.  The brakes were rusted tight, lots of work to get the drums off.  Using bondo to smooth over the cracks on the steering wheel.  Sealed the gas and fuel tanks, derusting and painting as we go.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2613 on: September 17, 2022, 03:17:53 PM »
Built a a few storage shelves and workbenches out some left over dimensional lumber.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2614 on: September 17, 2022, 08:29:18 PM »
Moving along on resurrecting my John Deere B.  The brakes were rusted tight, lots of work to get the drums off.  Using bondo to smooth over the cracks on the steering wheel.  Sealed the gas and fuel tanks, derusting and painting as we go.
Post a picture when your done. I restored my grandfather's 48 B when I bought it from him sadly he passed before seeing it finished.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline muddy

« Reply #2615 on: September 17, 2022, 08:29:54 PM »
We celebrated Sam's 5th birthday with family and friends.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Midnitemack

what did you do today?
« Reply #2616 on: September 17, 2022, 09:13:08 PM »
I need to get going on my Farmall M that hasn’t been run in quite a few years , to start , needs new front tyres …… I think the fact you are working on your B is going to be enough to get me started on mine !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 10:58:29 PM by Midnitemack »

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2617 on: September 18, 2022, 06:15:05 AM »
Last weekend we postponed our round of the National Off-road Racing Championships for the second time due to the weather!! This time with the competitors on site.

This weekend the Ultra4 event was run on Friday and Saturday using the pits at our track as a base, with the course spread across our track and the 4wd club's area that is adjacent to us. The weather was great, our track had dried out and was in great condition! Friday was pre-running then setting a qualifying time to set the start order. Two of our club members were competing in UTVs, the only ones competing. I went for a ride with our new club member who was competing in his first competitive event on the look lap.

Video of part of the course including our track 
Competing vehicles ranged from UTVs, Toyota Hilux, trials trucks to Ultra4 cars imported from the USA.

LT1 powered Hilux

Trials Truck

Ultra4 car imported from the USA

Dyson, the other club member competing, qualified second but blew the engine in his Turbo RZR. It was decided to get Jason's, his Dad, non-turbo trail-riding RZR race ready for the next morning! Luckily they’ve built a few Polaris’ over the years so they had a few bits and pieces lying around - like a spare cage!

6:30pm arrive at workshop, unload Jason's RZR out of the container as well as roll cage off previous race car

6:52pm Complete tear down

7:00pm Fit roll cage

7:25pm Drag dead race car into shed to make it easier to cannibalise parts off

9:46pm Drop off jack after changing over harnesses, harness mounts, seats, fire extinguishers, siren, dash, mirror, bumpers, as well as installing door panels and roof from previous RZR and changing the tyres

Not exactly how I had planned to spend the evening of my birthday.

Saturday I spent the day photographing the event. Dyson came third overall. An interesting event, I caught up with a lot of people from my 4WDing/winch challenge past. Today I've spent the day editing photos.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 06:28:22 AM by Rural53 »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2618 on: September 18, 2022, 10:22:35 AM »
Happy belated B.day Rural. Thanks for posting the pictures/video. Its always cool to see what other folks do. Our local dirt oval rained out again this weekend. They had to call off the Labor day race due to rain as well. I sure miss the live racing but we needed the rain.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2619 on: September 20, 2022, 05:28:36 AM »
Each month our section meeting is run by a different team. This month our survey team ran the meeting and at the end of the meeting actually flew their new Skydio 2+ drone in the lunch room where we were having our meeting. This is the one with the fancy anti collision AI technology that you can fly within about 6" of a structures, or it this case the column in the middle of the room. They have been using with the bridge asset management guys to do the six yearly close up inspections instead of using a bridge inspection unit that requires a lane closure. (Photo is not the best because my phone focused on the ear of the guy sitting in front of me)

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2620 on: September 21, 2022, 04:27:49 PM »
PowderKeg stopped by yesterday. He was in Baltimore for a forestry conference.  He grew up locally and presently lives in Arkansas,

He left with a box of ratchets, some of them prototypes and some other goodies.  He stops in every year or 2 to see what ratchets I have that he doesn't.  His collection is approaching 850. 

Offline Elroy

« Reply #2621 on: September 21, 2022, 05:03:57 PM »
PowderKeg stopped by yesterday. ........  He stops in every year or 2 to see what ratchets I have that he doesn't.  His collection is approaching 850.

That's a hard core collector there.  :PDT_Armataz_01_37:

Offline Elroy

« Reply #2622 on: September 21, 2022, 06:12:17 PM »
more of the same

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #2623 on: September 22, 2022, 06:41:40 PM »
Went out combat fishing (river was medium busy, maybe 150 boats in 5 miles of river). Got a small chinook and easily limited crabbing, all big ocean crabs in the bay.

Good looking fresh-from-the-ocean fish, the feller holding holding it, not so much.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2624 on: September 22, 2022, 08:08:50 PM »
Nice lookin' catch! Happy eating -