Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687971 times)

Offline slip knot

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2655 on: November 03, 2022, 07:58:45 PM »
NASCAR died with Earnhardt Sr. Never been the same since. I quit passively watching it when the Bubba Wallace debacle happened. Get woke go Broke.

I would much rather attend a local dirt track race now. Always a treat to see a youngster that you sponsored in an Emod step up into the big mods or a super late model. Very seldom see them whining and crying about some stupid crap.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2656 on: November 04, 2022, 10:09:06 AM »
NASCAR died with Earnhardt Sr. Never been the same since. I quit passively watching it when the Bubba Wallace debacle happened. Get woke go Broke.

I would much rather attend a local dirt track race now. Always a treat to see a youngster that you sponsored in an Emod step up into the big mods or a super late model. Very seldom see them whining and crying about some stupid crap.

Agree 100% -- Also the stupid cookie cutter cars and asinine rules to make everyone's cars "more equal" goes against everything that the original "stock car" racing circuit stood for. I'd like to see true stock car racing again. Using cars right off the showroom floor and modified in the traditional sense.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2657 on: November 04, 2022, 10:58:01 AM »

Sure would showroom Hotrods in race trim, would get me to watch longer than the channel surf and go.

Now having the Mustang, I stop to see how the car is doing and click back to the animated cartoons. LOL

surf

Agree 100% -- Also the stupid cookie cutter cars and asinine rules to make everyone's cars "more equal" goes against everything that the original "stock car" racing circuit stood for. I'd like to see true stock car racing again. Using cars right off the showroom floor and modified in the traditional sense.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #2658 on: November 04, 2022, 11:19:22 AM »

Those pit stop times will be brutal to charge the batteries!
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2659 on: November 05, 2022, 08:06:24 AM »
Generally speaking and what keeps me from watching. NASCAR has become a soap. I don't give a flying about the driver's personal lives beyond the track.

Some should take bubba out back and give him a good ass-kicking ..... the idiot

Take Joe Gibbs's grandson for one also
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2660 on: November 05, 2022, 08:54:38 AM »

Pretty much what goodfellow said. What made the sport worth watching is for me long gone. The original drivers were a different breed and the cars were really whatever badge was on them. Guys like Smokey Yunnick was famous for bending the rules or coming up with creative ways to break them. Just watching two or more hours of cars making left hand turns really isn't all that interesting. If I'm going to watch left turns I'd rather watch womens roller derby.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2661 on: November 09, 2022, 06:38:48 PM »
Organized the top of my roll cart tonight. Not sure I'm really happy. Seems like a lot of wasted space..... Will sit and stew on it a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2662 on: November 10, 2022, 07:35:27 AM »
see your point.  But more important then wasted space is, does it work for you when you are using it?

Plus, many folks will reorganize their stuff once a year or more, always trying to find a better way so it won't stay that way for long

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2663 on: November 10, 2022, 11:45:32 AM »
I seldom change my boxes. I like being able to tell some exactly what I need and exactly where it’s at in the box. My Ex knew nothing of fractions but I could tell her the third row second socket and get what I needed 😁

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2664 on: November 10, 2022, 02:50:35 PM »
The Mrs. started using the dryer last weekend and a big squeal came out of it. After a couple of minutes it stopped, so I told her to finish what she needed to do and I'd tear into it this week.

Today was the day. Apparently my 30 year old Kenmore is so old parts are hard to get for it. They could barely find me a drum belt. So I tool it apart, cleaned and lubed all the shafts, brushed off the lint from the motor, and inspected the drum seal when putting the new belt on. Hopefully I can get another year or so out of it. Will start keeping an eye open at estate sales!

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2665 on: November 10, 2022, 11:51:57 PM »
So would you guys like tester prius nascar
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2666 on: November 11, 2022, 03:28:49 PM »
So would you guys like tester prius nascar

EV racing is coming if not here already.  One plus, don't need ear protection

Would take getting used to quiet cars but bet it could be exciting with the acceleration they have plus low center of gravity would make for some sick handling

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2667 on: November 11, 2022, 06:44:49 PM »
I believe Garlitts was playing with an electric dragster at one time. Dont recall what became of it?

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2668 on: November 23, 2022, 04:47:31 AM »
So after managing the maintenance contracts that come out of our state highway structures management contract for nearly ten years I passed it on to someone else a couple of years ago. Tonight they roped me back in.

Walking up to the Harbour Bridge

Sawtooth joint units, the ones on the off ramp keep coming loose. One currently has the part that holds the rubber seal in place broken off. Ten units are being dispatched via airfreight from France next week.

On the viaduct off the Harbour Bridge the maintenance contractor is undertaking maintenance on the expansion joints. These are wearing into the underlaying concrete.

This then locks the sliding/expanding side up causing the M20 (3/4") link bolts that connect the sliding part to the bridging plates to break. Don't get me started on the fact, despite the manufacturers assurances that they don't carry any load, the feet of the guide rails for the sliding part wears holes in the concrete. To top it all off the slide rails and the studs that connect them to the deck changed in size between the units originally installed and the spares that were purchased five years ago. These things have been the bane of my life!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 04:55:07 AM by Rural53 »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2669 on: November 23, 2022, 07:30:23 AM »
That's very interesting Rural. These are the type of problems that the average motorist never thinks about or pays attention to.