Author Topic: The "PUT table"  (Read 1796 times)

Offline john k

The "PUT table"
« on: December 17, 2018, 03:39:46 PM »
When doing work outside, where there are boxes of fasteners, and power tools, squares, levels etc.   It gets tiring real quick bending down to pickup stuff.   Same way when working inside.   So I decided I needed a PUT table.   Took half a sheet of plywood,  screwed a 2x4 on the back.   Then clamped the 2x4 onto one of my Black & Decker folding tables.   The kind with the clamp built right into the top.   Got an open box of screws, a level, square, extra pencils,  put them on the table.  Be fancy and put a 1x2 around the edge so stuff won't fall off.   Drills, drill bit box,  sabre saw,  put it on the table.   Did this after spending half my time walking the edge of the construction area looking for what was just in my hand a second ago.  Just found another of those Black and Decker folding benches, one with the folding legs so you can adjust it for two separate work heights, only paid $20 for it.  Figured I can save at least $20 in labor, walking around looking for stuff.  Anyone else do the same?

Offline fatfillup

Re: The "PUT table"
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 04:05:39 PM »
Great idea.  Just make sure you clean the table off when done and put it away or it too will be full of crap and unusable.  I have a problem with horizontal surfaces being empty :-[ :-[

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 08:41:20 PM »
All my trash can double as temporary work surfaces by applying a random piece of plywood or cardboard. One can never have enough work tables.

Greyson

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 09:05:14 PM »
My former boss, the troll, could never let a horizontal surface go uncluttered. He piles it high and then screams about how messy things are but he is the junk collector who won't go through the crap or let anything - even an empty box be tossed without scrutinizing everything first.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.