Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687560 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2700 on: January 27, 2023, 10:21:11 AM »
Well done Doctor Tim

Mama got a good chuckle out of that too :))

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2701 on: January 27, 2023, 10:31:10 AM »
thats funny. had to fix many toys back in the day.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2702 on: January 27, 2023, 11:15:05 AM »
thats funny. had to fix many toys back in the day.

Reminded me of a RC car I have from radio shack years ago.  Not an expensive one.  I used to chase my oldest son around the house with it, we had hardwood floors.  He would squeal and laugh.  He fell on it and I fixed it.  After the third or fourth time, it was beyond repair :))

Offline muddy

« Reply #2703 on: February 13, 2023, 11:19:01 AM »
Changed, plugs wires, fuel filter and oil and air in the Olds

I had a little help for about ten minutes. After a few cranks of the ratchet he said he was going back inside. Then after a bit my other helper came out and organized my old sparkplugs...

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2704 on: February 13, 2023, 06:16:03 PM »
Crimped soldered batercable end on on the pos tractor and got the backhoe that needed the extendahoe fixed on it all together its ready for pick up. Went and grabbed 2 lawnmower from a customer before lunch it was a.40minute trip there and back. Got the.foam for the headliner on the rat pissed soak backhoe. Washed everything down and think i found the.ac problem it might be this sensor in the cab.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2705 on: February 14, 2023, 08:51:55 PM »
Ordered some new vaughan hammers and wilde screwdrivers from epsteins along with a socket to fill a hole in my impact sockets.

Greased and checked fluid level in all are rental equipment.finished up work order for the POS tractor the owner is supposed to pick it up and pay tommorow. Tommorow will be powerwashing a piece of equipment then hooking up a radiator pressure tester to see if its got a leak cause its using coolant.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2706 on: March 03, 2023, 10:23:49 PM »
Sitting in the dust marshalling our sponsors day, that we have postponed four times since November.

Considering how wet it has been, the track is in remarkable shape. We have had a very wet summer.

November 414mm 16"
December 306mm 12"
January 683mm 27" (about eight times the average rainfall!)
February 408mm 16"

Edit for VW action

« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 05:21:21 AM by Rural53 »

Offline john k

« Reply #2707 on: March 04, 2023, 07:28:56 PM »
Got a call from neighbor, his Expedition oveheated.  Water pump gave up and shredded the serpentine belt.  Drove 30 miles to a NAPA  store for parts.  Could not locate the big wrenches needed to remove fan, another neighbor got creative, made a wrench, got the fan off.  Big electronic fan clutch fan.   Swapped out water pump,  then installed the new stiff serpentine belt,  hour lost there, diagram missing for belt routing, 10 pullys,  more twists and reverses than a politician.  Then tried to reinstall fan, center nut too big, wrong water pump.   Cant get the right one until Wednesday, 6 hours down and 80 mile round trip today.  Se if we can get the parts earlier.  Fun, fun,fun.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2708 on: March 11, 2023, 07:07:15 PM »
Did shackles on my daily driver went super easy need to replace replace rear cover its pretty crusty as were rear shocks

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2709 on: March 11, 2023, 07:36:30 PM »
Worked on the Mrs car today. She had a slight accident last month - in stop and go rush hour traffic she hit the gas instead of the brake and rear-ended a Tacoma. Contacted 3 body shops - apparently no local parts are available. 2002 Buick Century. The headlights, bumper cover, emblem grill and hood is slightly bent. Didn't even push stuff back far enough to touch the radiator. Yet everyone is telling us it's going to be $4000-5000 - and that the insurance company will just total the car!

I am beyond livid. It's bolt on plastic parts, and the car is totalled? Not if I can help it. I'm going to fix the thing myself. I'm sure the paint won't match when I'm done but it'll be driveable and she'll have something to drive until we find a newer used car. It is 21 years old, but still gets 26MPG and insurance/registration is cheap. I've removed the fiberglass header and emblem grill. Gonna give the Superglue and baking soda fix a try. Total wreck my rear!

The one shop actually admitted to me that he didn't know how much longer he was gonna stay open, as repairs have gotten out of sight and he can't get parts. Plus all the computer crap. Sheesh!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2710 on: March 13, 2023, 01:06:45 PM »
Bman, you will get it done and it will look fine

Just pretend its a SK box
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 02:42:51 PM by fatfillup »

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2711 on: March 13, 2023, 01:26:28 PM »
Went to work for a few hrs this morning didnt really do anything had a dr appointment at 1 now sitting in er with a bunch of wires hooked to me cause my blood pressure was super high and their trying to figure out why.... I feel okay just headach and really hot....  Hopefully this dont affect me going to work tommorow

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2712 on: March 13, 2023, 02:43:26 PM »
Good luck Dustin, praying for you

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2713 on: March 13, 2023, 04:08:08 PM »
Good luck Dustin, praying for you
well its been a couple hours im down from 160 to 120 after being given a couple pills i had a echo and ultrasound of my heart now just waiting on doctor to interpit the findings and discharge me tho the nurse said they might keep me overnight for observation.

Update was discharged with a couple new meds and a order to take my bp twice a day for next two weeks
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 06:35:33 PM by Crispycritter »

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2714 on: March 14, 2023, 09:14:24 AM »
Good luck and listen to the Docs, Blood pressure is serious stuff