TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GUNSMITHING/ KNIFEMAKING

Harbor Freight Gun Safe

<< < (3/3)

Uncle Buck:
I bought a cheap 8 or 10 gun box of about the same quality from Walmart a few years ago.

Freestanding my box was very unimpressive, however, I found that when I used big heavy screws and secured it to both the floor, and the wall it backs up against in one of the closets that made it feel much more stable and secure. That said,  it is still one of the cheapest boxes on the market. Calling it a gun safe would really be an absolutely deluded statement!  :))

john k:
Hey it is the thought that counts!   What would accomdate my sorry collection, I cannot afford.   So they are hidden around the house, shed, bunker. 

hickory n Steel:
I don't know what he has now, but at his old house my uncle had a really cool ingenious setup.

He cut the back out of a regular safe and turned it into a horizontal gun cabinet.
He built a box of the appropriate size into the wall behind the little in wall towel cupboard, then mounted the safe, and the cupboard he built with a hinged false interior.

I thought he was joking before I saw it.
I believe there are ready made products like this on the market now, but there weren't when he made it I don't think.

I think the most ingenious part about it is the fact that people will usually expect long guns to be stored upright so they'd never suspect a small towel cupboard , and they'd never expect your gun safe to be in the bathroom at that.

muddy:

--- Quote from: Uncle Buck on June 28, 2022, 08:13:26 PM ---I bought a cheap 8 or 10 gun box of about the same quality from Walmart a few years ago.

Freestanding my box was very unimpressive, however, I found that when I used big heavy screws and secured it to both the floor, and the wall it backs up against in one of the closets that made it feel much more stable and secure. That said,  it is still one of the cheapest boxes on the market. Calling it a gun safe would really be an absolutely deluded statement!  :))

--- End quote ---
Uncle Buck!!! How you been?!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version