Author Topic: HOB-E-LUBE  (Read 3353 times)

Offline bonneyman

HOB-E-LUBE
« on: February 19, 2021, 05:22:46 PM »
Picked up a pocket dispenser of this extra light oil - with an extender tip included! Old looking display card, so new and unused. Typed in the brand name and it came up as still made. :dance:
I've seen them before I think, little specialty lubes in tubes. But didn't know this company with the funny name offered several choices. I might try this light oil on some ratchets.

https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/category/StandardHob-E-Lube

Offline slip knot

Re: HOB-E-LUBE
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 07:44:56 PM »
We've used Lubricaton Engineers oil for years at work. The sales guy would give me a tube of oil for a sample when a new product came out. I had a tube of 140wt gear oil that made excellent ratchet lube for course tooth ratchets.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 10:10:35 PM »
I remember I had picked up a small pocket oil dispenser similar to this loaded with a silicone oil. It worked OK. Till one day I pulled it out of my pocket and must have squeezed too hard -and the dang thing split open and leaked all over my hand.  :c002:
That was the end of that experiment!

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 08:38:01 PM »
Woodland scenics is big name in the model railroading hobby. They make all kinds of things for the scenery of layouts. The small needle lubers are for living the wheels on locomotives and trian cars.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 09:10:59 PM »
I've got a whining evap fan motor in the freezer. Figured that extra light oil and long tiny extender would make lubing the bearings in that buggar easier.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 11:52:44 AM »
come on. you are an hvac guy. no zoom spout oil around?
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 02:25:46 PM »
come on. you are an hvac guy. no zoom spout oil around?

Oh, I've got the Zoom Spout. But I'm thinking the near zero temps in the freezer might make a typical motor oil thicken up too much. An ultra light oil might be better in there.