Author Topic: I made a purchase and...  (Read 5104 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
I made a purchase and...
« on: November 10, 2021, 09:24:20 AM »
So, I made a purchase and she is NOT happy about it. I probably should have consulted her more but I didn't. She saw my son and my self loading up the chassis so I made the assumption,(I know, never assume) she knew what I was up to. She knew when her and I went to look at it 2 yrs ago and I told her I wanted it that, well, I wanted it.
I've been figuring how to go get it for two yrs. It was essentially a bunch of parts. And no drivetrain. Moving a body isn't easy. And my city is not keen on having things left on the trailer. So it had to be unloaded too.

Here it is in all it's glory when we went to take a look at it way back when . A body sitting on a stack of pallets.
Rich

Offline slip knot

Re: I made a purchase and...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 11:44:41 AM »
She’ll get over it. I hope 😄

What are the plans for it now?

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 03:25:35 PM »
I certainly hope she will, as we have been married upwards of three decades and I'm not starting over with a different one. She acts like we are destitute and wont be able to pay the bills because I took some of the money the insurance paid out after a lady rammed into the back of my og car. As some may recall I am a Buick kinda guy. I like all brands and am a car guy, motor head and enjoy wrenching on stuff in general.

As far as the plan goes, I hope to reassemble it and be able to have it run and drive. The unit checks off two boxes on the bucket list. It is rosewood color, check. And it is a Limited, check. In the hierarchy of Buick Turbo Regal production the Limited with the LC2 turbo engine was produced in 1987 and only 1035 were produced. GNX was rarer at 547 produced and the WE4 was 1547 produced. The OG car I have happens to be a WE4 so I have that covered.

I have several transmissions and short block engines. I also have a 1986 TType we bought a couple years ago as a roller. It has a rear end and I was going to pull the body off the frame and use that to go get this Rosewood car.

White 1986 TType one of 1921 so it isn't exactly plentiful either.

Went to Kansas and brought it home and stuck it in the garage. Wife not pleased but not over the top yet.

Then last yr a guy I kinda know was looking to get rid of a roller, or more like his wife wanted it out of her back yard. This unit was also an 87 Turbo Regal, and possibly a WE4 but not much was left of it and he didn't know. Here nor there at this point as I figures this one woulf be a great donor for the quarter I need for the OG we4, some floor pan pieces for that white 86 and a chassis to go get this Rosewood car.

A couple decent quarters and the chassis.

Rich

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 04:15:30 PM »
So, as it sits I kinda have three of these Turbo Regals, my 1970 GS455, a couple obs suburbans and we purchased a 2018 Ram CTD 2500 cc. This was an approved purchase and we traded off the 2003 K2500 and her 2000 Malibu with the trans starting to slip. She was on board and doesn't need a car but I guess now she is having second thoughts and "wants" a car. She quit her job and keeps our grand daughter four days a week and I think that is great so the grand daughter doesn't need to go to some strangers at some day care.

Maybe too many vehicles that don't run and drive I guess, so the next big acquisition will be some kind of daily driver for her to also sit in the driveway as she doesn't go anywhere. First world problems for sure.

Back to the acquisition.
We loaded up on sat am. Son came over to come along and a couple of my car buddies came also. One has a real nice trailer with a winch. This was a welcome addition. He actually was the one who came with to get the Kansas roller also.

This is the Ram we bought. Drives like a dream compared to the one we traded and it was no slouch. Gets 16 mpg hand calculated and 19 mpg if you believe the dash thing. Pulls a trailer like no bodies business.

Came with a set of wheels with center caps.

The chassis. It was zip tied to the wall. Not sure why people take things apart. I believe the guy who took it apart was going to LS swap the car and lost interest. According to the seller/building owner the guy pretty much skipped town on him.

Body on the stack of pallets. Seller was nice enough to let us use his pallet jack and two post lift to unite this body with my rolling chassis. This was a big help.

We brought the body over and got it lined up and lifted up with the lift.

Took a couple tries to get it lined up and picked up.

Rolled the chassis in.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 04:20:41 PM by TexasT »
Rich

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 04:25:25 PM »

Last tagged on 2003.

Lowered the body onto the chassis.

From the back.

The ac was still charged so we tied that compressor up for the trip back to the house.

Got the trailer lined up and the car saw day light for the first time in upwards of two decades.
Rich

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 04:35:04 PM »

Got the winch attached and car lined up with the ramps.

getting her strapped down for the ride.

Now the exciting part where I get to rearrange everything to get things situated and I can assemble an engine, trans and get them into the car.

Probably going to take the original chassis and reassemble it with the front end components that came with it. Swap that 86 axle to that chassis and swap it to this body. This will retain the original chassis to that body. Not real important I guess but will allow me to paint the chassis and make it nice.
Rich

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 05:00:52 PM »
As a Buick guy i thoroughly approve.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Online Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 05:25:12 PM »
When I clicked on your first picture, this is what came up and I thought, holy shit, is that your wife?!??   :bravo_2:

:)) :)) :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2021, 06:59:23 PM »
Not the wife unless she is looking out the door back there.
Rich

Offline john k

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2021, 08:28:07 PM »
Good thing, putting the pieces back together.  Getting the original chassis under it is a real smart move, as some little difference pops up.  Sure like those wheels.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2021, 08:35:52 PM »
I always liked that body style. Always wanted to sleeper a plain jane Regal.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »
I always liked that body style. Always wanted to sleeper a plain jane Regal.
+1 - love that model and year. Congrats on the new project, and would love to see the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2021, 11:01:41 AM »
Wishing you luck on completing your projects. I always liked the looks of the Regals but really liked the the Grand Nationals and the GNX was really nice but the prices were out of sight for those. My mom had a couple of Monte Carlo SS's during that time period.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2021, 11:06:11 AM »
Wishing you luck on completing your projects. I always liked the looks of the Regals but really liked the the Grand Nationals and the GNX was really nice but the prices were out of sight for those. My mom had a couple of Monte Carlo SS's during that time period.
Wow - mom must have been pretty cool drivin’ a MC-SS. Most of my mom’s generation were station wagon queens- LOL

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2021, 02:55:51 PM »
Wow - mom must have been pretty cool drivin’ a MC-SS. Most of my mom’s generation were station wagon queens- LOL

When I was in high school she bought a 72 Chevelle SS and that was what I took my driving test in. Her SS days ended when she traded in her last MC SS for a Caprice since she wanted a bigger car to haul the grandkid. Every single time she took the SS in for service the salesmen begged her to trade it in. One day a salesman approached and said he had a buyer wanting an SS in that color and was willing to pay top dollar since they had been discontinued. She gave them a little money and left with the new Caprice.