Author Topic: Shortages  (Read 2343 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Shortages
« on: December 22, 2021, 09:54:13 AM »
The wife was telling the president of her company that she couldn't figure out what to get me for Christmas. He told her to just get me a new gun. I did thank him on Saturday after he flew out here for the company Christmas party and banquet.
We went shopping on Monday and I hadn't really paid attention to the availability of certain weapons. To put it mildly the supply sucks. Plenty of higher end priced guns but the mid-priced ones are gone. Hopefully after Christmas the supply might improve as I am looking for something that the ammo situation doesn't matter.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Shortages
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 10:33:25 AM »
Congratulations! A new firearm is always a welcome event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 02:56:05 PM »
I’ve had an order in for a Ruger Redhawk 44 mag for over a year now. My ffl says he has a hard time getting any revolvers at this time. Other than the budget 22s. Those seem to be every where

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 04:01:28 PM »
I was kind of eyeing a Ruger American in 30-06 with a Vortex scope until I read reviews that the plastic magazines are junk that don't feed and break or don't fit. In reviews people have been complaining since the model came out and why they don't go to a steel mag baffles me. There are no .44mag lever actions for a decent price either or at all. I want to get something that I can use with available inventory for a long time. 

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 07:09:31 PM »
I’ve had an order in for a Ruger Redhawk 44 mag for over a year now. My ffl says he has a hard time getting any revolvers at this time. Other than the budget 22s. Those seem to be every where

Nice i have a ruger redhawk alaskan 454 casull fantastic piece.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 02:56:40 PM »
my son has a ruger american in .308.

he has had no feeding issues. i assume you know that the .308 is the short action and has the short magazine so our experience may or may not apply to the .06.

i have an all weather ruger m77 in .308. it is a great rifle no doubt but there a lot of things i like about my son's american. for a much more expensive rifle. i don't know that i really like the m77 better than the american.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 03:52:55 PM »
Thanks sk for an honest review on the Rugers. There is just not enough choices out there right now to be too picky. I'm still thinking about it but worry that there will be none out there when I decide.

Offline muddy

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2021, 10:08:29 PM »
my son has a ruger american in .308.

he has had no feeding issues. i assume you know that the .308 is the short action and has the short magazine so our experience may or may not apply to the .06.

i have an all weather ruger m77 in .308. it is a great rifle no doubt but there a lot of things i like about my son's american. for a much more expensive rifle. i don't know that i really like the m77 better than the american.
I've been thinking about one of them in .22-250 or 6.5 creedmore for varmints.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk