Author Topic: Well, it has been quite a few years......  (Read 1910 times)

Offline wantedabiggergarage

Well, it has been quite a few years......
« on: July 13, 2022, 12:29:06 AM »
I still have the email and log on info, from when this place was thegaragegazette.com.  Due to life, had to leave a long time ago.  A lot of others medical issues, kept me working a bunch.  2017 hit and I was feeling wore out and tired and thinking of finding something else in life to do.  Had my first vacation in excess of 20 years scheduled, then the coowners step kid and him had a fight and he quit.  The week I was supposed to go to my class/vacation, the boss ended up in emergency surgery.  Back up to 80+ hours a week.  Well, since 2019, lost a bunch of people/friends, including the above boss.  Sorry for the long story, but am now living in what was his house (family asked me to move in/pet care/estate help).

Lots more, and several more deaths, so I decided I needed to get back to somethings I enjoyed.
Tried to log on and my log on didn't work, realized the forum wasn't old enough.  See some of the old faces and others are gone (Merkava, FFlinstone).  Had to find a member on both to get back here as the forum doesn't like the email it used to.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Well, it has been quite a few years......
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 06:38:51 AM »
Welcome back, and personally I'm glad you found us. I remember you were a regular contributor to the old GG. Unfortunately we lost a lot of info, and also some members when the old site crashed and burned.

Glad to hear that you're doing well. Most of us had some life changes with the passing of friends and loved ones, along with the usual family, job, and health issues that inevitably creep up in life.

Pull up a crate and look around a bit, and I'm sure you'll find names and posts that will be familiar from the old GG.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 03:47:55 PM »
Good to see you back.  I saw you post on Channel 3 recently.  One thing we have in common is our screen names are fairly unique so I remembered you right away.
boop/bop/beep

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 03:51:42 PM »
Good to see you back.  I saw you post on Channel 3 recently.  One thing we have in common is our screen names are fairly unique so I remembered you right away.

What is channel 3?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 05:11:23 PM »

What is channel 3?

It's a way of referring to the GJ -- Many of us are/were refugees from that site.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 05:18:16 PM »
Always good to have members find their way back. We lost a bunch in the crash. Welcome back.

Offline muddy

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 08:38:09 PM »
Welcome back!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 09:17:33 PM »

What is channel 3?

It's a way of referring to the GJ -- Many of us are/were refugees from that site.

Wouldn't have got that to save my life.  Last channel I was aware of was ch131.co m.  That was a online tv site that allowed me to watch a show only broadcast in Canada, like 20 years ago.

Actually, tried to come and log on here before heading over the GJ.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 07:10:48 PM »
Good to see you back. Glad you made it.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 10:26:22 PM »
Good to see you back...I do remember the moniker...

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2022, 10:33:01 PM »
Yea, I signed up via another one, as I ended up with a bigger garage, but at a high cost (too many dead people).

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2022, 07:31:27 AM »
welcome back!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!