Author Topic: I Voted today  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
I Voted today
« on: October 26, 2022, 01:10:08 AM »
Did early voting at noon today and it was smooth as silk.  Despite the phony voter suppression tales here in Georgia, early voting is smashing records.  Trump really fucked us here in Georgia, and the rest of you, nationwide in 2020 with all his bitching about rigged elections.  Because of that, a few hundred thousand Republican voters didn't bother voting in the runoff elections and both of Georgia's Republican senators lost their races.  (In Georgia, if a candidate doesn't get 50% of the votes plus one, they have to hold a separate election between the top two finishers at a later date)  Because they both lost, it's a split Senate with Kamala being the tie breaker.  So some of Biden's bullshit legislation got passed, indirectly thanks to Trump.

For the Senate, one of the seats won in 2020 was for the last two years of the late Johnny Isaacson's term, which is now up for election.  Hopefully Herschel Walker wins on election night, but Republicans have a habit of stealing defeat from the jaws of victory by putting up a weak candidate like Walker.  Regardless, it will be a very interesting evening two weeks from tonight.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

Re: I Voted today
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 12:19:50 PM »
Can they count the early ballots before election day?  Here in Maryland, they are going to start counting mail in ballots early so they have a count for election evening.  Not allowed to disclose results before then.  That goes against the law but a court said they could because many local winners begin their term in Dec and they said with the heavy volume of mail in ballots there would not be enough time to count and do recounts if needed before a term would start.  Sounds like BS to me but in Maryland, few conservatives win except in the rural counties it really won't make a difference

I am pretty disgusted with politics as a whole.  Lot of talking and fighting and little gets done to benefit the average Joe.  Special interests know how to play the game and get some of what they want

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 03:57:18 PM »
I don't know about that, Phil.  But that court ruling you mentioned sounds very shaky legally.

I think the Democrats are going to be beaten like a drum everywhere, Federal, State and locally.  People are fed up with Biden and the Democrats pissing on us and telling us it's raining.  They lie so fiercely it's not funny.  They're running Frankenstein in Pennsylvania for a Senate seat, then tell us Herschel Walker isn't fit to hold office.  :-[
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 06:11:42 PM »
I'm not voting till election day and then in person. I don't trust our crooked authorities to not attempt a steal. Voting in person is the best way to minimize chain of custody tricks. I'm bringing bottled water and my own spare pens and a fully charged cell phone in case they "accidentally" run out of ballots again. "It'll be a few hours as we miscounted the number of ballots, so, go home and come back later". Wrong! So long as you stay at the voting site you are guaranteed to vote.

That is if we get to election day. I suspect that - with the tide turning against them - the Dems will find a way to postpone the election because of "safety" concerns. If by some chance we do get to Nov 8th, then the fraud valves will be turned wide open to in an attempt to steal the vote, and if by some miracle they still lose they will turn lose the lawsuits to overturn it and/or release their libtard hordes and cause chaos. They are not going to go quietly and without a fight.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 06:23:31 PM »
Do you guys really think that there will be change?
I gotta admit this libtard shit is really getting me down.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline muddy

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 07:04:03 PM »
If enough people like us vote there will be change. Our votes are out way of tell the government (who supposed to work for the people) we're sick of this shit.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 08:28:14 PM »
I'm planning on voting early but dont really expect much change. I think we're past the point of an election fixing the system. I think that Trumps election shows the lengths that the politicos on both sides of the aisle.
I've voted Red since the Clinton days but the Republicans aren't much different than the Dems. The shit stain Senator from Texas, Cornyn. He voted for the very things the Texas party platform voted down. Gun control and Red Flag laws were two items that the Texas GOP platform was adamantly against. Yet Cornyn voted for it. I emailed the Texas GOP headquarters asking why Cornyn wasn't censured for his vote and I got nothing. The GOP in Texas can kiss my ass goodbye.

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2022, 08:39:07 PM »

From one crooked politician to another.  There would have to be a massive write in campaign, doing something like Brewsters millions, saying none of the above, to make politicians take notice (and currently, none of the above isn't legal).

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2022, 10:04:48 PM »
If enough people like us vote there will be change. Our votes are out way of tell the government (who supposed to work for the people) we're sick of this shit.

Your Senate election is huge.  I watched the debate between Fetterman and Oz.  It was like watching a mentally challenged gorilla debate.  Fetterman isn't qualified to be a dog catcher. 
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 12:00:54 AM »

Your Senate election is huge.  I watched the debate between Fetterman and Oz.  It was like watching a mentally challenged gorilla debate.  Fetterman isn't qualified to be a dog catcher.

Yeah, well, PA was just outed as sending over 240,000 mail-in ballots without the proper verification steps being followed. And the SOS just announced they will NOT have election results on election night. Surprise, surprise! That gives them the time to mess with the votes if they so choose.
They'll attempt to cover for Fetterman. Get him elected, then he'll have to step down due to his illness, and the gov will appoint who they really want as Senator.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 07:35:18 AM »

No there won't be change to any large degree.  Those in charge are happy with the status quo and just give us lip service to make us feel good. 

The Tea Party got us heading in a good direction but poof, that movement is gone.

Trump was our best bet to get something happening but between his mouth and the powers that be, he was squashed.

Sadly, we as Americans, especially conservatives don't stay engaged in the political fight long enough to make a difference.  We get up in arms and make a lot of noise but then go back to making a living and nothing changes.

We need a 3rd party that is middle of the road that both non extreme Dems and Rebups can get behind and work together for the good of all.  Both parties are run by the extremes left and right and you see where that gets us.