Author Topic: Oxygen & Acetylene Torch  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: Oxygen & Acetylene Torch
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2022, 07:57:34 PM »
 :bravo_2:  Steal of a deal!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline highland512

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2022, 11:28:36 AM »
I use the same torch daily. They're still made by Concoa. You want 124 or 144 tips. A 0 or 00 will do most anything up to almost 1".

https://www.amazon.com/Goss-144-00-Concoa-Acetylene-Cutting/dp/B00EJRK21W

The oxygen cylinder you got looks to have writing on the ring around the neck below the cap. That usually is where it's marked as a leased bottle. Rumor has it you can buff that off carefully with a flap disc and repaint the tank to swap it out as an owner cylinder.  :93:

I swapped the Ox yesterday, the gas supply shop had me fill out paper work that I owned my bottles and $21 later a new bottle was in the back of my truck.

He also had the tips and tip nut for the airco, I played with it last night. Somethings off, fuel seems to be leaking from around the tip nut and when you pull the ox cutting lever it doesn't seem have much force behind it. Im betting the whole thing needs a deep clean (maybe ultrasonic?) and some new seals.

Offline highland512

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2022, 10:37:46 PM »
I disassembled the airco this evening and found lots of dirt and other stuff in the internals. Nothing that some blasts with the air hose couldn’t clear up. The seals look ok but if I have it disassembled I might as well replace them. Anyone know a source for airco 9516 seals?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2022, 06:29:54 AM »
Take it to a local gas supplier to see if they can order a CONCOA rebuild kit. Not sure if you can order from CONCOA directly, but my LWS offers rebuilds on regulators and torches, but they don't do it in-house anymore; they send it out to a regional repair service. Turnaround time is usually less than two weeks in my area.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2023, 10:11:59 AM »
https://torch-gauge-inc.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral
I used these guys as they are local to me for these type repairs and parts.
Rich

Offline highland512

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2023, 08:53:40 AM »
I called a couple supply shops on this. Apparently CONCOA will not sell me a seal kit and it has to be installed by a shop. I assembled mine back together after a through cleaning. I definitely works much better after beating a mud dobbers nest out and cleaning all of the seats. Problem now is the head, no matter how tight I set the cap nut it still wants to leak fuel and light a low easy flame like a candle. I have the name of a couple shops in Cincinnati that look promising for repair. 

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2023, 12:20:25 PM »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2023, 01:58:27 PM »
The tip seat cone more than likely needs recut with a special reamer. It used to be $50-100 to have a cutting head gone through with new seals and a recut, who know nowadays. Copper on brass would not be an easy thing to lap in and it would be a nightmare trying to clean all the grit out afterwards.

Offline highland512

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2023, 10:07:01 AM »
I have replaced the tip with no improvement.

I have came to the collusion it needs sent off for professional to give it a once over. I have contact info for a shop in Cincinnati but just haven't made contact yet.