Author Topic: Dale -- "Dalex"  (Read 9483 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Dale -- "Dalex"
« on: September 01, 2018, 08:13:37 AM »
Not much info on our departed member Dalex, but GG member "oldnslo" was a friend who could provide some info.

Dale Powell
Passed 8/18/17
Lived in Rowland Heights CA for many years
Worked for CASE if I am not mistaken, as a mechanic, specialized in hydraulics
Enjoyed and collected tractors.
Was a member of Yesterdays Tractors website
Was an admirer of Autocars
Enjoyed welding, de-rusting tools, taking his tractors to the big tractor show in Vista CA
Had a 2 car garage jam packed with vintage hand tools
Had a very large (really big) rollaway tool box in his living room. Chock full of PLVMB that he picked up locally in LA
Enjoyed all the swap meets in LA.

Offline Plomb-er

Re: Dale -- "Dalex"
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 11:41:00 PM »
I just saw this.  I bought some Plombs from Dale a couple of years ago.  He was a great guy, very friendly, and has garage was more than packed full of tools.  The large tool cabinet in the front living room of his house fill with some nice tools.  I spent a couple hours there talking to him about tools, cars, and the tractors he had in his front yard and drive way.  Very nice guy, sad to hear of his passing. R.I.P. Dale

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 09:46:54 AM »
WOW, a loss that I was not aware of. Gone over a year and I just had no clue I hate to admit.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:50:28 AM by Uncle Buck »
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »
Well folks, here's an update on his estate received today.

I'll avoid the whole house/furniture/vehicles/tractors portion of what is left as I'm sure that will sell (or has sold) locally. I am in contact with the administrator of his stuff, and he is working with Dales sister, and mom. Long story short is that much of the good stuff (huge Mac/Matco or something) toolbox, which is what I was interested in, went to the administrator (a former neighbor). The extensive collection of Plvmb is gone, and was sold locally. It sounds like its down to odds/ends/misc wrenches/sockets (probably still alot) and most likely the typical garage stuff that would take some poking around to assess value. They went through his correspondence, and located other kindred tool spirits (somehow I fell through the cracks) and thats how this stuff was sold.

I'm a bit far away to just drive out there, and thinking back to what I saw, it just does not make sense for me to make the trip (even with collecting long lists from the members here on items they need).

I'll leave it as this. If you are local to the Los Angeles area, and want to peruse what is left, do drop me an IM and I will pass on the administrators phone number.

Respectfully,

OnS