Author Topic: I keep buying SK boxes  (Read 1021 times)

Offline john k

I keep buying SK boxes
« on: December 14, 2022, 10:40:37 AM »
Green SK boxes keep getting in my path.   Rough, beat up on the outside,  but usually good paint and a shiny badge under the lid, which convinces  me to haul it home.   Got 3 3/8 dr. boxes  lately, and some others, they are piling up.  What is rare, is to find a carry tool box with a lift out tray still intact.  Bought 2 green appearing trays but they dont fit the box I have.   Need to just turn my back on this stuff, right?  If I load them with misc.  they is too heavy to heft up on the shelf.  If stacked empty, I think about the unused storage space, gee it gets frustrating.  Long winter evenings, get to thinking about stuff.

Offline bonneyman

Re: I keep buying SK boxes
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 12:00:33 PM »
I leave some items behind if I have alot already, but more often than not I take them. Tools, flashlights, boxes, etc. Most will be used for something, others will be trading fodder. Still others are saved for the rainy day that imports get heavily restricted or cease, and then they will be barter items for stuff I need.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 07:55:08 PM »
I have had a quite a bad hand carry toolbox addiction for years myself. I have no favored brand, just old and clean, or fairly easily restored with a fresh coat of paint. I think I have bought 6-8 because they were just too cool, and too cheap to pass on. One of these being a WWII hip top box that still has it's military markings, while another is a brand new Blackhawk box that is both oversize and heavy with carry handles on each end. The others are all cool for various reasons. My favorite I bought from someone here is one of those old mid 1950's CM mailbox style boxes. Hopefully I am done buying boxes because I have far more than I could ever use. That said, I don't regret buying any of them.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline john k

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 05:56:06 PM »
SK the hip roof box is blue!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 06:00:09 PM by john k »