Author Topic: It was getting colder...  (Read 721 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
It was getting colder...
« on: December 31, 2022, 07:15:18 PM »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 10:34:24 PM by TexasT »
Rich

Offline fatfillup

Re: It was getting colder...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 09:41:34 PM »
certainly can't deny climate change is big business

as to climate change, the question is how much is caused by humans and can we mitigate it

IMO, we are a part of the problem but likely not the main or even big percentage of the problem.  Can we make a difference.  Not sure but I do think we should use our resources wisely and cut pollution where we can, just not at any cost

Sadly, the war on climate will be just as successful as the wars on poverty and drugs

Offline walrus

Re: It was getting colder...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 06:07:29 AM »
Its always follow the money to some degree anyway. Its January in Maine and we have no frost in the ground, very little ice on the lakes and until this morning no snow here. Heating degree days are way off which isn't a bad thing with energy prices. My friends have a Rose on south side of house thats just about ready to bloom. Apple buds are fat and ready to pop, same with most of the trees around me. I lived here for a long time and there is no doubt in my mind the climate here has changed. Why? I'm not smart enough to figure that out. With 8 billion people on this finite planet I suspect we have something do with it.