Author Topic: Looks like there is a place for me to go and be with like minded...  (Read 1029 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
Hey, who am I to think that I should be able to spend my hard earned money on goods and services of my choosing? I have never went to the extreme of saying solar and wind aren't renewable. Sasatinable? Not even close in my mind but if some entrepreneur wants to have a go who is to stop them?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wyoming-wants-to-phase-out-sales-of-new-e-vs-by-2035-200704042.html
Then we have these people over in this state. I guess it can go either way. I'll be driving my diesel pickup or gas powered suburban up there if it gets ugly down here.
Rich

Offline fatfillup

Re: Looks like there is a place for me to go and be with like minded...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 02:51:39 PM »
I don't get the dislike of EVs, wind and solar power, conservation and such

I DO UNDERSTAND THE DISLIKE OF BEING FORCED TO USE THE ABOVE

But I don't see that happening despite the rantings of the far left.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 03:55:39 PM »

I think it's just a reaction to the Newsomes, Bidens and Thunbergs of this world.  People are so sick of these liars and charlatans.
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 06:40:17 PM »

But it is happening, even in Texas.

My local electric co-op sent out a letter a while back. Seems my electric bill will have a $35 fee on it for a few months to pay off some load imbalance issues. it appears that our co-op is getting power from some "weather dependent renewable sources" And those those went off line back in the fall causing us to buy power from an independent supplier. That uncontracted demand cost the co-op $1.4 million. That the rate payers have to pay back. When I called my co-op president he informed me that they are required by the feds to use 20% renewables.

So we are being forced to go green. Even when its not in our best economic interest.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 07:04:20 PM »
Yeah i`m all for renewables but only when they are viable.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 07:27:05 PM »

Which makes perfect sense to everyone but the dumbasses in charge.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 08:10:10 AM »

I agree but there is going to be a period in between when they aren't quite viable yet but are getting closer.  And yes we are going to pay for that or at least a portion of it.

I really have no problem with .gov subsidizing new technologies to move them forward.  The space program in the 60's was like that.  Spent a ton of money to get to the moon but the technology filtered down to everyday life.  It was a good long term investment.

Slip Knot, your energy system in Texas is a bit different then most and likely that causes at least part of your bill increase.

As to being forced to have 20% renewables, that sounds heavy handed but it reminds me of the car emissions laws of the 70's.  There was a lot of pain involved in that, crap emission systems, car cost increases, loss of jobs because Detroit didn't get it right, but long term, the end result is much cleaner air, better quality cars, more efficient cars.  Yes, in hindsight it could of and should of been handled better but it needed to be done and we all got through it. 

Renewable energy will be the same.