Author Topic: Starting new job at a shop  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Starting new job at a shop
« on: January 26, 2023, 06:39:08 PM »
So after being sick last 2yrs where i was unable to work im back at a shop working on case equipment and learning new kubota equipment. Sadly being off work made me have to sell most of my tools so starting back up is gonna be costly but i was given a tool allowance which will help...
So anyone interested in post about case equipment?

Offline bonneyman

Re: Starting new job at a shop
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 08:47:38 PM »
Having to rebuild your tool chest is a bummer. But it doesn't have to break your wallet if you use your tool knowledge and shop judiciously.
Though sounds like you'll be working on diesel motors. Diesel work tools can be pricey.

Best of luck in the new shop!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 08:51:03 PM by bonneyman »

Offline muddy

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 09:51:10 PM »
Congratulations on the job!

Worked at a Case IH dealer for a couple of years.

Would love to see what your working on. Start a thread and keep her going!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 10:23:38 AM »
Hi Dustin, hope your health issues are behind you

You will do well given your equipment background, just gotta get up to speed again

And yes, post away on whatever you are working on!

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 10:30:06 AM »
sure. dealers of every color are struggling to find workers.

a friend of mines son just got out of the military. he is 22 and was hired on at the local cnh dealer. they have the red/blue/yellow under one roof.

he is starting at 22 bucks, full bennies, training on the job and school sponsorship at the locl tech college if he wants. he grew up rural but has no ,echanical training.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 07:08:20 PM »
Hi Dustin, hope your health issues are behind you

You will do well given your equipment background, just gotta get up to speed again

And yes, post away on whatever you are working on!
my health is stable where i can work again thankfully..  Its gonna take time i know the older equipment pretty well. I posted a thread in heavy equipment

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 07:25:44 PM »
sure. dealers of every color are struggling to find workers.

a friend of mines son just got out of the military. he is 22 and was hired on at the local cnh dealer. they have the red/blue/yellow under one roof.

he is starting at 22 bucks, full bennies, training on the job and school sponsorship at the locl tech college if he wants. he grew up rural but has no ,echanical training.
true they are looking around here but mainly cause they dont pay what your worth im starting at 17 and jumps to 19 after three months. Full benefits and a yearly 1k tool allowance with a 200 boot allowance. They also pay for all my schooling and travel expenses..  Really feels good to be off my ass working after so long of sitting at home. Im also working with my father hes the head tech/road tech so i got someone to ask questions to i can trust.their is one other guy but he just assembles kubota tractors and basic maintenance on them.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 03:00:25 PM »
Well guys its been two weeks at the shop and everything is going great working with my father is a challange on its own (were to much alike) but i been doing my thing and hes been doing his he just tells me what the problems are and i diagnose and fix them. 

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2023, 03:37:10 AM »
Well its been 3 weeks at the shop. So far i lost 15lbs went from 275 to 26 feels good to be working and fixing things again just not to fond of how. Greasy im getting everyday (i have to shower with lava soap) my father told me usually things arent nasty as i been getting which i know but figures since im the low man i get the nasty jobs..

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023, 12:12:17 PM »
275 to 26 lbs is more then 15lbs, what have you been doing, using that cookbook, Cooking with Tapeworms, now you can eat all those high calorie meals and lose, lose, lose?

Thanks for the laugh!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2023, 12:50:57 PM »
275 to 26 lbs is more then 15lbs, what have you been doing, using that cookbook, Cooking with Tapeworms, now you can eat all those high calorie meals and lose, lose, lose?

Thanks for the laugh!
oops meant 260 .. Ilol glad you got some humour out of my mistake ill be here All night

Offline muddy

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2023, 06:53:22 PM »
Well its been 3 weeks at the shop. So far i lost 15lbs went from 275 to 26 feels good to be working and fixing things again just not to fond of how. Greasy im getting everyday (i have to shower with lava soap) my father told me usually things arent nasty as i been getting which i know but figures since im the low man i get the nasty jobs..
Grease anti seize and antifreeze have minds of their own. When i take a shower I'll find remnants of them and not even sure I worked with them that day!

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2023, 01:50:27 PM »
Grease anti seize and antifreeze have minds of their own. When i take a shower I'll find remnants of them and not even sure I worked with them that day!

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman
i swear aniltiseize is a forbiden fruit no matter how carefull i am i end up with it on my forehead. Anytime i use it

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2023, 07:18:50 PM »
Has anyone tried the white antiseize?  Have a customer who I respect told me about it.  Said its just as good but wipes up clean.  Had not seen it before

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2023, 07:56:27 PM »
Has anyone tried the white antiseize?  Have a customer who I respect told me about it.  Said its just as good but wipes up clean.  Had not seen it before
a quick google search come back with food grade antiseize first time hearing of it. Seems to be a lil more expensive the grey