Author Topic: Anyone use neiko sockets  (Read 636 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Anyone use neiko sockets
« on: January 31, 2023, 02:12:33 PM »
So i was cruising amazon and i found their 3/8 metric and standard shallow impact socket set for 26 bucks wondering if its worth a damn but i read the review and majority were good... If anyone knows a comparable set for under 50 bucks id be interested in hearing about it

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone use neiko sockets
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 07:31:51 PM »
stating out on a budget? i would have no qualms with a hf 3/8 impact socket set if you have a store close by. use em til you break one and then decide if you need something better..

i assume your first goal is to make money right now.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 07:42:07 PM »
stating out on a budget? i would have no qualms with a hf 3/8 impact socket set if you have a store close by. use em til you break one and then decide if you need something better..

yep i cant afford the trucks or most us made brands right now i figured id buy a cheap set and ones id break id replace with better quality. I got a hf 30mins away i could swing by afterwork

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 12:49:07 AM »
Never owned or bought them, as I have seen some come through a local damaged freight store and they looked pretty cheap to me.  I do have some HF, which are my sockets if I need to make something type of thing, that were bought originally for light use at home, until I could afford better. (did use them in the shop for a while)  I can warranty the HF ones, not so much the Neiko.
I do have a bias though as Chrome moly sockets IMHE tend to be smaller then Chrome Vanadium impact sockets, I kind of hope I can catch some of the Amazon Basics impact sockets that are Cr-Mo coming through one of the Amazon Warehouse stores that pop up in my area.
My preferences on import ones, tend to be Sunnex, Grey Pneumatic, Gearwrench and even had some Astro Pneumatic Chrome protective sleeve sockets, that I left at the shop, that we had very good experiences with.

Offline muddy

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 08:17:54 PM »

That's what I did for 1/2". 15 years later, I'm still beating the tar out of them. Haven't warranted one yet.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman