Author Topic: Milwaukee m12 impact and grease gun  (Read 782 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Milwaukee m12 impact and grease gun
« on: February 01, 2023, 05:10:09 PM »
So i ordered the m12 1/2 impact and the m12 grease gun. The impact is mainly gonna be used for disassembly with 250ft lbs it should take most stuff i encounter on machines except lugnuts but thats what the air impact is for.... The grease gun i needed cause ill be doing alot of greasing and joint pain in my hands makes pumping a true pain. I went with m12 cause im already invest in a 1/4 impact driver and light. I also picked  up a2 pack of their 6.0 batterys total for everything was under 300bones shipped from walmart by a3rd party seller. Theyll be here tuesday and ill take pics

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
Re: Milwaukee m12 impact and grease gun
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 08:32:20 PM »
I have a 3/8" drive M12 impact.  It's ok, but doesn't seem to have enough jam to break lug nuts free.  Works fine for lighter stuff, and I've noticed the higher capacity batteries seem to give it more torque.  The 1/2" M12 might do better.

Due to the lower than expected performance, I backed mine up with a 1/2" drive M18 which has been fantastic.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 07:58:19 AM »
Is there a weight difference between between the M12 and M18 impacts?  I ask because I have noticed the weight of battery impacts seems more then air impacts and if used a lot, that could bother joints.  I have a Makita 1/2 and find it heavy.  Don't use it enough at one time to matter but on a big job it would

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 08:52:10 AM »
Is there a weight difference between between the M12 and M18 impacts?  I ask because I have noticed the weight of battery impacts seems more then air impacts and if used a lot, that could bother joints.  I have a Makita 1/2 and find it heavy.  Don't use it enough at one time to matter but on a big job it would
ill have to look into the weight but i know my m12 impact driver is half the weight of my 20v bosch driver so i assume the 1/2 would be alot lighter then. Then m18 considering  batterys are half the size. But you know what they say about assuming.... Ill know more tuesday but if it is heavier then my air impact itll see. Random use

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 11:16:37 AM »
According to online product specifications, if one can assume any amount of accuracy...

An Ingersoll Rand 1/2" Air impact weighs 4.7 lbs not including the air hose and associated drag

An M12 1/2" is 2 lbs

An M18 1/2" is going to depend on what battery you use.  Product specs give a weight range from 3.5 lbs up to 7.5 lbs but never indicate whether that weight includes the case if included, battery and what size of battery if it's included.

I'll have to get my scale out later to weigh my M18.

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 04:04:20 PM »
What are the specs on both?
Do you need one to change tires on the road?
Shop use only, in which case maybe the lighter one with an air powered one for heavy stuff?

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 07:50:15 PM »
Got the grease gun and 6.0 batterys today

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 01:24:34 PM »
Got the impact today so far i like it but havent gave it any real use yet thatll be monday

Offline muddy

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2023, 08:15:12 PM »
Your gonna love that stubby impact!

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman