Author Topic: Got an hour to kill?  (Read 520 times)

Offline jabberwoki

Got an hour to kill?
« on: June 10, 2023, 01:27:31 PM »
Good house building vid.
Great bunch of guys.

Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline slip knot

Re: Got an hour to kill?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 09:40:43 PM »
Thats got to be fake. I've never seen white guys build a house. Wheres all the mexican guys? There wasn't even any mexican music blasting. How bizzare.

Around here 95% of home building is done by immigrants. All the flat work, framing, roofing ,paint and flooring is done by them. even the mechanicals are getting there now. About the only thing not done by them is data/security. Close enough isn't good enough in those areas.

The PNW must be somewhat isolated still. I follow another guy on utube, Essential Craftsman and he built a spec house there a while back. Same way, No mexicans at all.

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 01:19:15 AM »
Oregon is 50/50 mexican and crackhead framers. 80% mexi sheetrockers, roofers, painters. 90% mexi siders. Mechanicals are 25% give or take, even LV now is 10% or more.

Has been like this for years. They're 4th and 5th generation familes here now. The mexicans here are mostly from NW and central mexico. Not really any Guatemalans, central americans.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 11:55:33 AM »
I'd be interested to know what kind of glove the "lead" worker is wearing. Looks like a 3 fingered metal-jointed hand that you'd find on the terminator. I guess it's some proprietary glove that allows him to grab like sharp metal trim without cutting his hand.
P.S. I just saw a different angle of a close-up of his hand and it looks like he's missing 3 fingers. So this device gives him a hand grip so he can still work. Amazing!

And that LEXEL sealant sounds like great stuff. May have to try some on my next outdoor project.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 12:08:46 PM by bonneyman »

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2023, 07:16:17 PM »
Yeah I saw that too, bet a table saw got him.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?