Author Topic: Local tool auction  (Read 587 times)

Offline john k

Local tool auction
« on: May 23, 2023, 10:29:03 PM »
Today I toured the local auction house.   3 party sale coming up on-line.  Flats of tools.  Dozens of flats,,  S-K, Craftsman, New Britain,  etc. A few Snapon pieces, and Mac.   Dozens of air tools,  some socket sets in boxes.  All used, some kind of dirty,  and real mixed bags,  counted over 50 Vise Grips.  Mechanics stuff, but some welding fabricator items too.  If you are curious,  Riverside hi-bid .com.   Riverside auctions, Tekamah Ne,   should get you there.   Some metric but most is sae.  Too close to home, and running out of room here.  I shouldnt even look in,  but got a bidding number,  couple of things look tempting. 

Offline fatfillup

Re: Local tool auction
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 08:09:42 AM »
Auctions are addicting, I know all too well.  I prefer in person but do online also. 

To some degree, online is like gambling, especially if you don't preview.  One evening, before I went home, I checked on an auction I was bidding on.  Had $1800 in play, knowing full well I wouldn't win all that.  Did get about $250 IIRC but the point is, it is like gambling because I was in the game. And that is what gmablers care about, the action.  My saving grace is I sell more $'s then I spend so I won't go broke

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 08:45:57 AM »
Looks like alot of fun! But I'm with you - my eyes are bigger than my storage space! There's a couple of pieces I'd like to grab but if I don't, ain't gonna cry about it.

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 12:09:38 PM »
In-person auctions have gone the way of the doo-doo around my parts, and I'm sad about it. There was nothing more fun than buying a truckload or two of junk for a few bucks. I really only bid on stuff I need now and always have to pay around used retail price at online auctions. There's still deals, but they're few and far between.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 07:24:37 PM »
I've found the  in person auctions that have tools are a waste of time. Too many people have too much regard for the Snappy of Craftsman stuff and will willingly pay retail prices + for old worn out tools.

Where I always scored was at estate sales. The older established neighborhoods that the Dads worked the refineries and made decent money always had good stuff. The kids all went to college and wound up with good jobs elsewhere just want to empty the place ASAP and sell it. Lots of bargains to be had.

But I've slowed way down on my tool whoreding. After helping settle a few estates myself, I'm beginning to see that I've got more than enough crap of my own to deal with.

Offline highland512

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 09:28:49 AM »
My favorite are the in person auctions with no internet bidding and the weather is crappy. 

Offline muddy

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 07:53:45 PM »
My favorite are the in person auctions with no internet bidding and the weather is crappy.
Always wanted either beautiful weather during the summer. Keeps the other farmers away from the auctions, as they have hay to make lol

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman