VEHICLES > SPECIAL INTEREST/CLASSIC/COLLECTABLE/EXOTIC CARS

Every Mile is an Adventure: 1964 Buick Riviera..

<< < (2/2)

oldcarguy:

--- Quote from: muddy on November 21, 2023, 08:25:27 PM ---I'm sure it's been mentioned.... But how many old cars do you have???!!!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

It all depends on what the definition of "Old" is ... In my book the Horseless Carriage defines "Old" as 1915 and older. In that case I own only fours cars that fall into that classification. Two Cadillac's and Two Buick's.

On the the other hand the AACA defines an antique car as being 25 years old or older. That's a model year 1998 and older. That's a whole different story. Covering over 80 plus more years. Needless to say I've acquired many more in that time period. More than I care to count. Indeed I have that defective car collecting gene.

muddy:

--- Quote from: oldcarguy on November 22, 2023, 01:42:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: muddy on November 21, 2023, 08:25:27 PM ---I'm sure it's been mentioned.... But how many old cars do you have???!!!

--- End quote ---

It all depends on what the definition of "Old" is ... In my book the Horseless Carriage defines "Old" as 1915 and older. In that case I own only fours cars that fall into that classification. Two Cadillac's and Two Buick's.

On the the other hand the AACA defines an antique car as being 25 years old or older. That's a model year 1998 and older. That's a whole different story. Covering over 80 plus more years. Needless to say I've acquired many more in that time period. More than I care to count. Indeed I have that defective car collecting gene.

--- End quote ---
So I drive an antique to work everyday?!

1995 Oldsmobile

oldcarguy:
In my mind it makes sense to drive an older cars today. Besides having a low purchase price. They are far simpler less expensive to keep the running.

Uncle Buck:

--- Quote from: oldcarguy on December 02, 2023, 12:34:32 PM ---In my mind it makes sense to drive an older cars today. Besides having a low purchase price. They are far simpler less expensive to keep the running.

--- End quote ---

I could not agree more! I recall having this same discussion with a co-worker in the late 1980's.

muddy:

--- Quote from: oldcarguy on December 02, 2023, 12:34:32 PM ---In my mind it makes sense to drive an older cars today. Besides having a low purchase price. They are far simpler less expensive to keep the running.

--- End quote ---
Exactly why I have it. Simple hand tools and diy knowledge and your set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version