Author Topic: Any cigar smokers on the GG?  (Read 147022 times)

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Any cigar smokers on the GG?
« Reply #750 on: October 13, 2023, 09:38:52 AM »
A classic La Aroma de Cuba “Mi Amor” in a firm box pressed Toro size. These cigars age well and they are worth aging for a few years.

Sweet tobacco and sweet spice flavors. Perfect morning cigar with a cappuccino, or as in my case, a rich Columbian coffee with a shot of Baileys Irish Cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Any cigar smokers on the GG?
« Reply #751 on: October 25, 2023, 01:26:13 PM »
Monte Classic in what looks looks like a Churchill size. It’s a beautiful warm fall afternoon and the chores are done; time for a cigar.

These are good cigars and always on sale somewhere. I like the slight caramel
notes, and the sweet tobacco flavor bomb at the end of a draw.

Good value , and like anything from Montecristo, the construction and burn are flawless.

Offline muddy

« Reply #752 on: October 25, 2023, 08:52:03 PM »
Can't go wrong with a Monte Cristo!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #753 on: October 26, 2023, 12:02:19 PM »
Had a friend over and we enjoyed a J.C. Newman Brick House in size Toro. It’s been a while for me because I never really enjoyed this cigar blend. However, these cigars were in my Humidor for well over two years and they mellowed out significantly.

Smooth, a hint of pepper, and a great earthy flavor profile. Two years ago they were pepper bombs; now they’re fantastic.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #754 on: October 28, 2023, 08:57:00 AM »
I don’t think there is a cigar that is more loved and enjoyed than the Montecristo White Series. It’s consistently a top rated cigar. This Toro size has a mild, highly floral taste with a hint of sweet molasses.

It’s the perfect beginner cigar - not overwhelming in any way.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #755 on: October 29, 2023, 11:39:35 AM »
Alec & Bradley Kintsugi in size Toro. Other that the grotesquely huge band, this cigar is darn good. AB makes cigars for the masses, and they are generally good, but nothing really stands out. This one does - mild medium body and a subdued dried fruit taste. Very pleasant afternoon cigar.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #756 on: October 30, 2023, 12:25:27 PM »
I’ve posted numerous times about the Perdomo 10th Anniversary cigars. Out of all the cigars I enjoy, these are truly the ones that get the most benefit from aging. They’re good when they are fresh, but put a few years on them in a humidor, and they are absolutely fantastic.

I always have a few on hand - slowly aging away. Worth the wait!

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #757 on: November 04, 2023, 01:05:13 PM »
Often a cigar flavor is described as “leather” nuanced on the palate. It’s not really a leathery taste, but rather the combination of taste and bouquet that remind you of a fresh leather jacket or briefcase. It’s a very pleasant taste experience, and this Macanudo Inspirado in size Toro really brings home that flavor profile in spades. A slight sweet cocoa and a profound leather combination is the mark of a great cigar moment.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #758 on: November 05, 2023, 10:49:53 AM »
Caldwell in size Double Corona. This is about as mild a cigar as it gets. Flawless draw, and a mild floral taste and bouquet. It reminds me of a garden after a spring rain - that’s the scent that exudes from this cigar.

I think the wrapper is Connecticut shade grown leaf, and it really brings out the earthy floral taste.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #759 on: November 08, 2023, 02:34:25 PM »
Finally finished all the chores today, and was able to grab some afternoon coffee and a cigar. This cigar was included in a special deal from Cigars & Pipes retailer. A.J. Fernandez blends this Toro size cigar called HOYO - never had it before, but with a Fernandez blend you usually can’t go wrong.

Bold, nutty, and spicy - full bodied goodness.
Excellent cigar - will look for it again.
I

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #760 on: November 15, 2023, 10:33:47 AM »
Yhis is a cigar that I received as a special buy through a website forum. Never heard of the brand. Ozgener Family Cigars - Bosphorus. It’s a firm box-pressed Toro and is delicious. Wood, earth notes with a slight pepper spice, and definitely mild/medium body.

Great cigar -

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #761 on: November 20, 2023, 01:08:55 PM »
One of better cigars in my humidor. Diamond Crown Black Diamond in Toro size. Rich, oily, and a great sweet cocoa and slight baker’s chocolate overtones.

Really classic cigar!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #762 on: November 20, 2023, 05:58:54 PM »
So what would you recommend for someone whos never smoked anything past a black and mild wine cigar.......i miss the sensation of smoking

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #763 on: November 20, 2023, 06:26:59 PM »
THAT is the million $$ question Dustin! Everyone’s tastes are different; especially when it comes to cigars. That said, the general consensus is that new cigar smokers should start out with mild blends - usually from the Dominican Republic or Honduras.

One of the cigars I always recommend is the Baccarat line. It’s a blend of Honduran tobaccos, and tends to be very mild.

Most new cigar aficionados really enjoy this light smoke.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #764 on: November 20, 2023, 07:11:52 PM »
Ill have to check out the local cigar shop for that hopefully they have it