Author Topic: Show your garage --  (Read 16957 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: Show your garage --
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2018, 07:27:31 AM »
OK, what is a CCR.  First google listing came up as Credence Clearwater Revival,,,,,,,,,,,pretty sure that isn't what you meant :))

Then I found this list of over 100 choices  https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/CCR

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2018, 08:11:26 AM »
OK, what is a CCR.  First google listing came up as Credence Clearwater Revival,,,,,,,,,,,pretty sure that isn't what you meant :))

Then I found this list of over 100 choices  https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/CCR

Phil -- I think the term references a set of community bylaws; which are often referred to as Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CCRs)

Offline highland512

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2018, 08:49:04 AM »
I lived in a duplex in a development with a HOA controlled by a bunch of stay at home mommies and nosy old women. Needles to say I was not there favorite resident after I told the president of the HOA to go smoke a turd in hell  :))

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2018, 09:01:17 AM »
Thanks GF, that makes sense.

Highland,,,,,,,,,,,,smoke a turd in hell??????   That's funny

They really should have an assessment test for folks who are thinking of buying into a neighborhood with a HOA as to whether they would fit or not.  I am sure I would fail :))

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2018, 11:06:43 AM »
Thanks GF, that makes sense.

Highland,,,,,,,,,,,,smoke a turd in hell??????   That's funny

They really should have an assessment test for folks who are thinking of buying into a neighborhood with a HOA as to whether they would fit or not.  I am sure I would fail :))

I failed two houses ago... that's why we bought this house in this neighborhood; NO DAMN HOA!!!!

Highland is right! My former HOA was controlled by a mob of middle aged, self important, Femi-Nazi busybodies, that made it their business to stick their noses into everyone else's business. I caught one of these miscreants climbing over my fence to snoop in our yard and shed. The irony is that had she injured herself in the process, she probably would have sued me for her injuries. 

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »
I've always looked at HOAs as another layer of government.  Who in their right mind would want that?
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2018, 01:01:02 PM »
I've always looked at HOAs as another layer of government.  Who in their right mind would want that?

I had an aunt and uncle, he worked for Goddard Space Center and she was an executive secretary at Westinghouse I believe.  They had no children and made big money.  They built a large house on 3 acres in a big money development, wooded, by a reservoir.  They loved the covenants to keep up the property values.  They were great people but could be a bit snooty

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »
I used to work with a mechanic who loved living in an HOA/CCR area. He always said he didn't want people leaving junk cars everywhere, ruining his property value. I also knew a guy in trade school who came in one day bitching he got another fine from the HOA for parking on the lawn.

Then again, I live in a historic neighborhood which is just as onerous at times, and I don't mind.

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2018, 04:23:12 PM »
Got that right!
My Bike Barn and upstairs radio shop.
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2018, 04:29:43 PM »
Nice place Nick!! -- really like the fact you have an upstairs work room.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2018, 09:10:20 AM »
HOA's .....:D...... only a fool pays $$$ to a group of clowns to be told how to live on his private property

Shopping for my home, when asked what  I was looking. Two things required, east/west exposure and no HOA, the rest to be disused when  seen.

@ nick
Do I see a steel beam in the ceiling?  Great place for a chain fall mounting.

Pep
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:24:28 AM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2018, 12:48:19 PM »
@ nick
Do I see a steel beam in the ceiling?  Great place for a chain fall mounting.

Pep
Yup, it's 14" tall and 6 3/4" wide - quite substantial.

I've been on the lookout for a good USA-made trolley and chain fall for years, not too much out there.
Nick
Yorktown, VA