Author Topic: Does Anyone Made a Decent Leather Glove  (Read 1025 times)

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
Does Anyone Made a Decent Leather Glove
« on: April 13, 2023, 05:45:10 PM »
The topic header says it all.  I think I posted something similar on the old site...

This Milwaukee is probably the fourth or fifth different brand of leather gloves I have tried in the last ten years along with many of the synthetics.

They are all CRAP!  :c002:

The Milwaukee-branded pair looked to be the best of the lot but did not last much more than a year or so.  They have been used for yard work and a lot of chainsaw and wood splitter use - but I remember gloves lasting at least a few seasons.

Anyone have a recommendation?
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
Re: Does Anyone Made a Decent Leather Glove
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 06:01:03 PM »
I buy the tillman 1418 or sometime wells lamount double palm a case at a time. They both suck. If I get 2 months out of a pair, that's pretty good. Plus, they're all a 1/2" too short on the wrist.

There aren't any stitched with kevlar and using them for general welding inevitably cooks the thread and they pop open on the thumb or index finger.

So, I guess I don't have an answer.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 08:50:30 PM »
I dont know if I ever had a pair last more than a few months. I've always just considered gloves as another consumable.

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 05:31:58 AM »
I dont know if I ever had a pair last more than a few months. I've always just considered gloves as another consumable.

Yes they are consumable.  I remember my early days in the Air Force when I worked mobile communications we were issued leather gloves that were considerably more robust than anything that is available today.
Nick
Yorktown, VA