Author Topic: USA made tires  (Read 3168 times)

Offline DeadNutz

USA made tires
« on: May 01, 2021, 05:43:46 PM »
I had ordered new tires through Walmart.com for $105/tire compared to the shop across the parking lot which was $190/tire for the same exact tire. The 3rd party tire company sent 20" tires instead of the 16" I ordered and paid for. I told them I needed tires today so they showed me an all terrain tire that is made in the USA and was $3/tire cheaper. They immediately refunded me the money spent on the wrong size tires and put the 4 new tires on after a delay.

I ended up out the door for $543 for 4 tires, installation, road hazard warranty and lifetime balancing and flat repair. The tires are Dextoro brand made in So. Carolina by Giti in a new state of the art plant built in 2017. The truck drives great on the new tires and feels good and have a 50,000 mile warranty. The tread design should do fine on the dirt roads behind the house.

http://www.dexterotires.com/DX/us/dat1-detail.asp

<iframe width="560" height="315" src=" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline jabberwoki

Re: USA made tires
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 08:27:50 PM »
Sweet i`ll keep that info handy.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 08:41:56 PM »
Doesn't appear that the 18s are made in USA.

The F250 is gonna need new tires soon. I was looking at the Cooper Discoverers but found out they've been bought out by Goodyear. I'd rather not support such a woke company. I guess this years tire purchases may be foreign.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 09:38:23 AM »
Doesn't appear that the 18s are made in USA.

The F250 is gonna need new tires soon. I was looking at the Cooper Discoverers but found out they've been bought out by Goodyear. I'd rather not support such a woke company. I guess this years tire purchases may be foreign.

Geez I'm in the same boat so often these days. And not only with car tires. Avoiding woke, liberal, Trump-bashing, anti-conservative companies and trying to stay stateside is a real challenge these days.

Offline muddy

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 09:00:03 PM »
They have USA made in my size. They also look very similar to the hankook atm that I have on now and have been pleased with. Can't remember if they were USA made or foreign.  Believe they were made in korea

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 09:01:36 PM by muddy »

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 12:48:38 PM »
Sweet i`ll keep that info handy.

No workey for cup2s LMAO 

This is going to cause a gasp ............ ruffly 2k for 4
1776 ................... what happened!