Author Topic: Have you been vaccinated?  (Read 37378 times)

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Re: Have you been vaccinated?
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2021, 09:54:49 PM »
I wonder if the truck isn’t always on and if it’s ever off. Once it’s connected to me it’s just as bad as having phone on. I guess it’s the cost of having a smart vehicle. The old farm truck is only as smart as the driver. Some days it seems pretty dumb 🤔🤔

Pull the fuse for the modem in the truck, that will kill it. Providing you're the owner and it's not a company rig. Turning it off will not affect the driveability.

Of course the geewiz door locks, maps & ect will be disabled. For updates you can choose to not allow auto system updates .

Back to the original topic spam calls while drive thru states .Never have had that happen,  I don't sync the cell with the car, via blue tooth .

"I'm skeptical the OFF button shuts any locating features off"

good way to find out, turn it off.  Go to your desk top and ask, find my phone ...

It is a simple network interrupt a link and it's dead. You only have 1, one, mac address, you open any link to it, the system will not find the device.

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Rural53

« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2021, 06:49:34 AM »
First shot today.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2021, 12:59:27 PM »
Given the uptick in infections and the delta variant I imagine more folks will get shots.

We know the vaccine works, though not 100%, the numbers prove that.  We don't know long term effects if any.  I am encouraging my wife to get it, she is on the fence.

Online Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2021, 01:06:26 PM »
First shot today.

My shoulder was sore as hell the next day.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Rural53

« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2021, 05:08:41 AM »
My shoulder was sore as hell the next day.

NZ is using the Pfizer vaccine, quite a few people are saying the same thing about being very sore. I know I've been jabbed, but nothing major. The other reported side effect I've heard of, including my boss, is fatigue on the afternoon of the day after. I haven't had that.

Offline muddy

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2021, 09:44:09 PM »
Given the uptick in infections and the delta variant I imagine more folks will get shots.

We know the vaccine works, though not 100%, the numbers prove that.  We don't know long term effects if any.  I am encouraging my wife to get it, she is on the fence.
Seems there still an lull in interest in it. Mandy is on the fence to leaning more towards wanting it but not enough to actually do it lol.

I'm off the fence but not far enough to say I'm an anti vacc. If need be I will get it. Till then I'll do without.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Online slip knot

« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2021, 04:51:56 PM »
They’re offering us $250 to get the jab at work. I don’t need$250 that bad.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2021, 06:33:56 PM »
If someone offers me 250 for a booster I am on it like flies on shit.

To each his own of course but it is much a do about nothing.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2021, 06:01:33 PM »
I wish my wife woukd get it.  She has had many people she respects tell her to get it, but hangs on to the belief its iffy.

Sorry, but I am tired of the virus and the vaccine is the answer.  Without it we may haves years of this crap of up and down numbers, mutations and constant bickering between pro vacs and anti vaxxers.  Not to mention folks dying

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2021, 06:57:11 PM »
I wish my wife woukd get it.  She has had many people she respects tell her to get it, but hangs on to the belief its iffy.

Sorry, but I am tired of the virus and the vaccine is the answer.  Without it we may haves years of this crap of up and down numbers, mutations and constant bickering between pro vacs and anti vaxxers.  Not to mention folks dying

Your wife may have some legitimate concerns Phil. The way the government scrubs and presents the data about possible COVID side effects is worrying.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2021, 08:18:18 PM »
The more I find out about the vaccine so called - from the flip flopping of Fauci and Wolenski and others - the more I say no. I don't trust the gov. From lets "flatten the curve" to "think of others" to "you can go back to normal" (then not) to "you won't need a mask" then you do (and multiple masks are better!) to "masks slow the spread" to no they don't to "vaccinated people can't catch COVID" then they do to vaccinated people don't spread the infection to now they can to free burgers, pot, raffles, etc. to entice to now mandating more and more. Obviously it's a scam IMHO.

I can't even verify the 'shots' Biden and Camel got were real. Just read where a nurse gave saline instead of the vaccine to 300 people. Not caught till after the fact.

If you choose to take the shot then that's your choice. My choice is no.

Offline walrus

« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2021, 06:21:19 PM »

We have years of this no matter what. There is no going back

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2021, 09:53:11 PM »

We have years of this no matter what. There is no going back

you are correct, there is no going back but your assessment of it doesn't make much sense either.

would you stand in the middle of the road  at night with cars whizzing past you and do nothing. at the very least you would want something reflective, better yet, stand on the edge of the road or better still  move a distance off the road. could you still get hit? damn right but the chance are far less than standing in the middle of the road doing nothing.

tens of thousands have died from covid, many more will. the simple facts are that  every little thing any of us can do to slow or prevent this shit is worth doing.

i despise masks and vaccines as much as any of you do but the simple facts are that they work at preventing and or minimising the effects.  far less  risk than getting it.

i had a couple cold ones this weekend with a guy i met at the lake this summer. pretty damn conservative guy. after being very sick with covid last spring he immediately made his wife get vaccinated saying. "i don't wish this shit on anyone. he recently got vaccinated and said he felt like shit for a couple days but nothing like having covid.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline walrus

« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2021, 03:59:34 AM »
At this point some of the us are doing what we can do, my point is this virus is not going away any time soon no matter what we do. Herd immunity doesn't seem remoting possible at this point. In Maine the vaccination rate is over 80% for those of us that can get it. But there are till folks who for whatever reason won't get it or can't get vaccinated. Its going to be a viscous circle for a long while .

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2021, 06:22:53 AM »
 :character0029:     :-\ :41:  :34:

Will see
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 06:24:52 AM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!