VEHICLES > TRACTORS/MOWERS/HEAVY EQUIPMENT

1951 Farmall Super A

(1/11) > >>

highland512:
I have always liked taking a pile of forgotten tractor and getting it back up into running condition. I also take alot of pride in gardening and raising food that my wife preserves and we eat on it all year. The need of raising more produce is starting to become more than I can keep up with. This leads me to the next project. I was searching on the internet for several months for a small off set farmall cultivator tractor or allis chalmers g. The G is still commanding big $ so that was out. I finally landed on this 1951 Farmall Super A with cultivators. I bought it from the kids of the gentleman who had owned it since 1963. It is a fairly straight tractor and came with all the tooling I could find in 3 building that where about to collapse. 

highland512:

It came with a tools I was able to grab out of the buildings that where falling in. I think I have 2 or 3 full sets of tools and the side dresser.

Where the machine was bought by the previous owner.

There is a lot of work to do and I keep taking photos and updating. It will start this weekend with a good cleaning.

jabberwoki:
Very nice, cannot wait to see it all spiffy.

Der Bugmeister:
Looks like a fun project!

skfarmer:
a pretty rare and unique piece of tractor history there. at least in my part of the world. we have the green version of that, an m, in our family. it was my dads and my son has claimed it. no attachments for it though. the jd m had several versions. the  m (set up similar to yours) the  mc (a crawler) and the mt (a single wheel tricycle kind of like a hi-crop). the mt could also be fitted with a wide front or twin narrow front tires but still had more clearance like a hi-crop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version