General Category > POLITICS (IF YOU DO NOT LIKE POLITICS, THEN DON'T GO IN HERE!

No more Tyson chicken for me

(1/3) > >>

hickory n Steel:
I can't find an article to link that isn't just twisting the outrage over this for the purpose of anti conservative propaganda,  but Tyson just closed their factory in Iowa so they could go to New York and offer jobs and lawyers to illegal immigrants.

It will be tough to avoid them completely because you never know who supplies the chicken to a restaurant...etc, but I definitely will not be buying any Tyson products at the grocery store.

They took around 1500 jobs away from Americans just so they could hire illegal immigrants and pay them less money, and it's absolutely disgusting.

fatfillup:
Quick google search said story is not completely true and was propagated by far right conservative group. 

This is why I have no use for either far right or far left groups.  They will twist and distort facts to further their agenda. 

hickory n Steel:

--- Quote from: fatfillup on March 20, 2024, 07:51:39 AM ---Quick google search said story is not completely true and was propagated by far right conservative group. 

This is why I have no use for either far right or far left groups.  They will twist and distort facts to further their agenda.

--- End quote ---
From what I saw they were the ones twisting it to seem like there was less too it than there is, but I will have to investigate more and piece together all the things that are true.

zeke:
Funny, the Tyson closure in Iowa is a pork plant.

slip knot:
a while back there was an article in one of my farm journals about the chicken industry. It runs off immigrants, mostly illegals, regardless of where the processing plant is.  One of the business managers stated that he would have to double the pay to get legal citizens to work there and the cost of chicken would be on par with beef.

There was an article in Drovers a few months back about some new beef slaughter houses in the works. One in north central Texas was planning on killing up to 5000 head per day. The article was really skeptical on where the cattle would come from. I wonder more about where they going to find people to staff it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version