TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MACHINE SHOP

Eat your heart out Grayson.

<< < (2/3) > >>

goodfellow:
I've seen some of the work that Pakistani craftsman put out. Their handmade copies of mainstream firearms are literally a thing of beauty. Engravings and details are beyond description. That said, the metallurgy in many of those firearms is quite often very suspect.  When it comes to truck /machinery repairs, they meet a market segment that is quite competitive. They fix things at the lowest cost because that is what the market demands. The repair is only going to last weeks/months until the next breakdown, but that is all that the truckers can, or are willing to pay for repairs.

bonneyman:
Amazing what those guys can do with the stuff they have to work with.    :cool2:

Lookin4_67GalaxieConv:
You have to admire the ingenuity of folks who can keep machinery working with sparse resources.

muddy:

--- Quote from: goodfellow on May 29, 2022, 07:28:28 AM ---I've seen some of the work that Pakistani craftsman put out. Their handmade copies of mainstream firearms are literally a thing of beauty. Engravings and details are beyond description. That said, the metallurgy in many of those firearms is quite often very suspect.  When it comes to truck /machinery repairs, they meet a market segment that is quite competitive. They fix things at the lowest cost because that is what the market demands. The repair is only going to last weeks/months until the next breakdown, but that is all that the truckers can, or are willing to pay for repairs.

--- End quote ---
Their repairs are that of the depression era farmers. Repair, repair, repair.....untill it's completely broke.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

goodfellow:

--- Quote from: muddy on May 29, 2022, 09:50:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: goodfellow on May 29, 2022, 07:28:28 AM ---I've seen some of the work that Pakistani craftsman put out. Their handmade copies of mainstream firearms are literally a thing of beauty. Engravings and details are beyond description. That said, the metallurgy in many of those firearms is quite often very suspect.  When it comes to truck /machinery repairs, they meet a market segment that is quite competitive. They fix things at the lowest cost because that is what the market demands. The repair is only going to last weeks/months until the next breakdown, but that is all that the truckers can, or are willing to pay for repairs.

--- End quote ---
Their repairs are that of the depression era farmers. Repair, repair, repair.....untill it's completely broke.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Yup, that was the way it was done. Cutting some corners to get something back in the field or on the road as quickly as possible was often the norm.

--- Quote from: bonneyman on May 29, 2022, 09:55:34 AM ---Amazing what those guys can do with the stuff they have to work with.    :cool2:

--- End quote ---

What really gets me George is how they can squat all day on the ground and fix all manner of equipment and not have joint/leg problems. Rarely do you see a mechanic or welder standing over a workbench or welding table. The only time they seem to stand upstraight is when welding a part that's mounted on the lathe. It hurts just watching ---  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version