TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MACHINE SHOP

Talk about tool addiction...

<< < (2/4) > >>

jeffmoss26:
sweeeet

Uncle Buck:
Like I said awhile back, his shop reminded me of what I saw at the auto restoration program at McPherson College here in KS.

oldcarguy:
Thanks for you kind words gentlemen. On several other sights that I've posted on over the years. Some posters say my machines are to close together. It's too neat, And that no work ever gets done in there,,  Just a show place. I know what I'm capable of and what comes out of my shops..

I pride my accomplishments of my garages and machine shop. I spent 65 years not only collecting tools and machines. But I hand built the garages myself. The construction including insulation and drywall, HVAC units, Gas lines, all the wiring including three-phase, air lines throughout all my garages with two central staged compressors, installing bridge canes in two garages. Not only once. A second time after a laptop decided to destroy my handy work. Once again I was told I wasn't capable... No one tells me I cannot do something. It may have taken me two years..  But I'm here basking in the joy of my paradise... I don't use my shops for business, never did or will. Simply for my use. Or maybe a freebee for a deserving person...

Uncle Buck:
I would rack any criticisms up to petty jealousy.  I have been through literally several hundred fabrication and machine shops in my career and I would dismiss such criticisms. A shop like yours both in cleanliness and machine placement in no way struck me as odd in any way. From what I saw machine layout was quite reasonable. As for cleanliness, certainly reasonable and not surprising for someone gifted enough to assemble such a well equipped shop for their own personal use in my opinion. I would expect nothing less in my opinion from someone who spent a career like you had. Indiciive of your eye for details are the stickers on the wall that identify where fire extinguishers hang! That one detail alone told me the whole story about your shop! That one simple observation for me, was very telling.

Uncle Buck:
I don't know that I am ever deserving, but I am always more than grateful for the kindnesses bestowed upon me by the benevolence of others.

Several members here have been very generous to me both recently, and in the past. Some, on multiple occasions I should add! I am definitely in a position where I seek opportunities to pay those kindnesses forward whenever instances present themselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version