TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GENERAL TOOL AND MACHINE DISCUSSION

The Quest for the perfect pocket screwdriver

<< < (2/9) > >>

bonneyman:
This Kinetic Driver came up on YouTube about 2 years ago and I did make my own version of it. It does work really well on super-small screws like in DVD players.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGDuXBHKKkE
Here's my homemade version:

goodfellow:
I have some that came off the SO truck many years ago, and they are very good. They look like all the other freebie magnetic pocket drivers that were available at the time, but these things have held up so well I’m in awe. I’ve lost some if them, and others have “walked” out of my shop in friends’ shirt pockets — LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonneyman:
There's been alot of mini-bit drivers that have come out for small work like electronics and such. I have a bunch of different styles but the main problem is keeping track of all those bits. And - them being so tiny makes it hard to grab and maneuver them while working.

bonneyman:
Currently my "working group" of small drivers are these.

The Inertial driver, my pair of DIY Proto's, a Lutz 4-in-1 for small screws, and a 1" EASYDRIVER ball for repetitive and stuck screws.

bonneyman:
For those looking to just buy a specialty pocket driver Alexander has a wide variety of tip styles and features. Albeit there are minimum buying quantities.

https://alexandermc.com/product-detail/Pocket-Partner%E2%84%A2-Reversible-Screwdriver/180

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version