Author Topic: My Toad,,, 2005 Cadillac Escalade  (Read 466 times)

Offline oldcarguy

My Toad,,, 2005 Cadillac Escalade
« on: October 29, 2023, 07:00:16 PM »

I purchased this Escalade with the thought to pull behind my motorhome. So often a seven passenger vehicle is needed when I'm traveling. A multi people-mover with for my large family is needed. Size and weight of the toad are no issue because my RV has 15 Liter Cummings diesel pusher engine.

I pull the Escalade four wheels down using a tow bar. How can that be when it has full time four-wheel drive? I installed an electric hydraulic pump that circulates transmission fluid from the cooler to the transmission. Preventing damage to the transmission. I rigged the controls mounted on the RV's dash. With a red warning light and annoying buzzer in the event of pressure loss. The receptacle on one side of the front license plate connects the toad's lights to the RV. The receptacle on the other side of the plate is for the transmission pump and safely alert wiring.. The Escalade's two tow hooks were replaced with removable tow bar connections. The setup has worked flawlessly. Ten years ago I took the rig for a four month 14,000 mile trip.

Put the Hydraulic coolant pump here ...

I made time over the past winter to freshened up this nearly 20 year old Cadillac Escalade. The better half drives it during the winter months. Hence explaining the need of attention. The Cadillac's pearl tri-coat is somewhat of a challenge. None the less the results look okay.

Offline fatfillup

Re: My Toad,,, 2005 Cadillac Escalade
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 09:42:44 AM »
Oh that looks comfy, can't beat a Cadillac for comfort.

Great job on rigging the pump, had no idea you could do that but I am not in the camping or towing world

Offline oldcarguy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 06:17:08 PM »
 Simply creative thinking outside the box.  ;)

Offline john k

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 03:55:12 PM »
That is a sweet combination.  The hydraulic pump idea is great, and so easy to disconnect.