Author Topic: tractor supply welding plier set on clearance. 22.99  (Read 2392 times)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
tractor supply welding plier set on clearance. 22.99
« on: February 07, 2020, 11:45:58 PM »
chinese pliers? i usually turn my nose at them but when i saw this at tsc for 22.99 i stopped and gave it a look. 10 pliers @ less than 2.30 each. that is cheap enough for getting welding splatter on them or not losing any sleep if they get cut up or accidently welded to the project. hell at that price they could be welded to something for a jig. all things i don't want to do with my old school vice grips.

yes the finish is shitty and 50 bucks for the set  is no deal but 22.99 is kind of a no brainer. use em, abuse and toss em if the they fail with no worries. my tsc had 3 more sets. it may be worth a look to check if yours has any.

several pliers in the set retail over 10 bucks and a couple close to 20 if purchased individually. even if they are chinesium.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 11:51:26 PM by skfarmer »
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

Re: tractor supply welding plier set on clearance. 22.99
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 12:29:57 AM »
Hard to beat that deal for your intended purpose

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 09:59:48 AM »
Great buy Harlan. Every time I go in TSC I check out the clearance racks first. I have even taken discount items to the register and when they ring them up they tell me the price has been cut in half again. One time I couldn't pass up 25lb buckets of fence staples for $5.29 when they are normally $37. I'm working out of one and the 2nd is just like money in the bank.
I have bought some Jobsmart brand tools on clearance. For the cheap price I will abuse them before my good tools. 

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 11:45:38 AM »
I agree. My main reason for shopping tsc is the clearance items. There is always things on clearance and deals to be had if it is something you need. Sometimes it is junk but gems like this can be had. I wont lose any sleep over damaging any of these or sacrificing for a project.

Matter of fact. My local store still has piles of sae and metric  low profile 3/8 socket sets for about 8 bucks. Taiwan made and actually pretty nice . I grabbed a metric. Yet to use one but sooner or later I will. I have a truecraft sae set I picked up years ago and it gets used a few times a year. Plenty good for occasional use.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 02:33:49 PM »
My TSC had a scary price of $49 and when I entered my zip it dropped to $34. Meh...at that price, $22 I would have fired up the Caterpillar and rattled down to the store.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 05:27:21 PM »
Good deal there
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 11:30:28 PM »
peeled them out of the clamshell this evening. plating is thin in places but otherwise all pliers work as well as can be expected from china. that said, they all appear as if they should work as needed. plenty good enough  for welding abuse. the spot welding pliers and  long c clamp pliers are shallow clamping pliers are some i don't have and worth the price alone. another welpers is a bonus even if they are a low budget pair. not as good as the pair i spent 15 bucks on but plenty good enough to lose. if you can pick up  this set at that price i think it is a great buy.